Full Job Description
The Shop/Yard Assistant’s essential duty is to assist Westcon's Service and Parts departments with movement of equipment, wash bay, pick up/courier tasks and general yard and shop upkeep. The Shop/Yard Assistant reports directly to the Service and Parts Managers on duty. The Shop/Yard Assistant needs to possess a commitment to teamwork and has excellent communication skills, a professional attitude and a firm understanding of what constitutes good service to our customers, and co-workers.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Movement of equipment, parts and supplies: hand-loading, forklift, scissor lift, pallet jack, dolly.
- Assist Service Technicians with repairs and shop tasks when requested.
- Will be responsible for bringing equipment into the shop or wash bay when needed.
- Daily wash bay duties of heavy equipment from rental fleet and service shop.
- General shop clean-up
- Assistance in the parts department as required; receive orders, fill orders.
- Daily courier run for bank deposit and mail service.
Our Ideal Candidate will possess:
- A valid Class 5 driver's license is required
- Must have a pleasant manner to work with vendors, customers, and all co-workers.
- No impaired driving convictions in the last 5 years
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Able to work with little supervision
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $15.00-$18.00 per hour
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Emerald Park, SK: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person