Referred applicants must not apply directly to this role. All referred applicants must use their unique referral link generated when they are referred by an existing colleague.
387 Main St, Shediac, New Brunswick, E4P 2B5
At Shoppers Drug Mart, we’re innovating health and wellness in Canada. From prescriptions to walk-in clinics, and a beloved loyalty program, we’re caring and supporting our customers in new ways every day.
With more than 1,300 locally owned and operated stores from coast to coast, the Shoppers Drug Mart network is more than a great place to shop, it’s a great place to work. We’re committed to building our talented team who champion collaboration, kindness and inclusivity. Join our team, and help recognize a healthy future for your career and for all Canadians.
Why this role is important?
Here at Loblaw, we take pride and ownership in helping Canadians live life well. We’re looking for talented colleagues who are passionate about providing an exceptional shopping experience for our Pharmacy customers and delighting them every step of the way! We can offer progressive careers, comprehensive training, flexibility and a great benefits package! Come share our vision and passion in delivering a superior customer experience. Be a part of our growing Health & Wellness philosophy that includes: Pharmacy, Dietitian, Medical and Optical services.
The role of the pharmacy technician is to aid the pharmacy in the production of prescriptions and provide optimal customer service. Participate actively in growing prescription and OTC sales.
What you’ll do
Receive customer prescriptions, gather all necessary information, ensure completeness of information
- Maintain patient & drug information files
- Check pharmaceutical products prepared by another regulated pharmacy technician or by unregulated pharmacy personnel
- Confirm accuracy and completeness of pharmaceutical products prepared for release
- Preparation of prescription labels, affixing prescription and auxiliary labels to prescription container
- Reconciling accounts and collecting outstanding monies from patients where necessary
- Retrieving, counting, pouring, weighing, measuring, mixing & reconstitution of medications
- Price prescriptions, prepare receipts, invoices, letters, memos, & general filing
- Stock medications and related supplies, rotate & monitor stock
- Maintaining perpetual inventory system in Kroll
- Maintain customer privacy & confidentiality
What you’ll need:
Registered pharmacy technician certification and maintained registration with appropriate pharmacy association
- High level of professionalism
- Knowledge of professional discipline, technical specialties, related process
- Ability to implement practical procedures of systems which are moderately complex
- Leadership and organizational skills
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to handle cash accurately
- Experience with Kroll an asset
- Respect for the confidential and individual rights of our customers
- Ability to effectively communicate one on one and over the telephone with coworkers, supervisors, suppliers, physicians and customers
If you want to join a fast-paced winning team and believe you can have an immediate impact, then we want to hear from you!
Why work at Shoppers Drug Mart?
Acting as consultants, supporting internal customers and the Associate-Owners, you will get experience unique to the retail industry while working for an award-winning national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, competitive pay and online learning through Academy.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your work, co-workers, customers and community.
How You’ll Succeed:
At Shoppers Drug Mart Inc., we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
Type of Role:
Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. recognizes Canada’s diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Please Note: If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.