Inclusion Langley Society has an exciting career opportunity for part-time employment, providing supports to adult individuals with intellectual disabilities.
If you are looking for a fulfilling career in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment, have got an opportunity for you!
About Inclusion Langley Society
Inclusion Langley Society is one of the largest non-profit community organizations in Langley, providing a range of supports to over 1400 children, youth and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities since 1959.
What You Will Do
- The successful candidate will be required to provide comprehensive learning, employment, inclusion, and relationship planning supports to a youth with diverse abilities as well as working with the school district to ensure that their learning objectives for the school are met throughout the year.
- Facilitation of meetings to check in on the status of goals monthly or on an as needed basis
- Creation, implementation and evaluation of individual goals
Facilitating and assisting with homework assignments given through the school district.
- Teaching skills using a variety of different learning styles (visual, audio, written)
Assisting individuals with Employment Plans (resumes, job applications, interviews, job coaching, fade out plans).
- Provide job training and work effectively with others in a wide variety of work environments.
- Participation in activities with the goal of moving towards individual independence (i.e. but not limited to swimming, ice skating, Zumba, yoga, biking, hiking, etc.)
- Providing support to a wide range of individuals with varying abilities and desires.
- Use of your personal vehicle on a daily basis (reimbursement policy available).
- Marketing of individual skills to potential employers.
- Customizing/carving jobs based on individual and employer needs.
- Connection with community resources / opportunities for individuals to continue to develop skills to independence.
- Provide access and ability to access lifelong learning opportunities in community.
- Provide support to individuals to learn at their own pace to help develop independence.Qualifications
- Graduate or certificate/diploma in human sciences or combination of education and experience in employment counseling and community support knowledge and experience of theory, principles and practices in the employment services field are necessary.
- Knowledge of Employment Standards Act, Charter of Rights.
- Knowledge of the local labour market and employment opportunities in the Langley area.
- Candidate must be able to demonstrate evidence of his/her ability to develop and implement employment and support plans.
- Strong ability to work independently and within a team.
- Understanding of user driven services and how it pertains to the individuals supported
- Must be flexible based on the needs of the person served/employer, including occasional weekend and evening hours.
- Ability to provide job training and work effectively with others in a wide variety of work environments.
- Strong understanding of resources within the community.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organization and computer skills.
- Strong understanding of the differences in Employment, Community inclusion, life skills, skill building, and natural support development and how they apply to the supports provided the individuals within the services.
- Standard First Aid Certification with CPR (or willingness to obtain upon hire).
- Valid B.C. Class 5 Driver's License.
- Possess a great work ethic and a positive attitude.
- Ability to meet all other conditions of employment (e.g.: Proof of COVID Vaccination, Criminal Record Search, Certificate of Good Health, Food Safe Certificate, etc.).
Schedule (25 hours/weekly):
Monday to Friday (9:00 AM to 2:00 PM)
Why Work for ILS?
- Make a difference in your community in a rewarding role.
- Competitive Wages.
- Employee anniversary celebrations and incentives.
- Personal and professional growth opportunities.
- This is a Unionized position (BCGEU).
- Reimbursement for use of personal vehicle (If used for work).
- Opportunities for professional growth through training and development
- Discounted gym memberships.
To apply, please submit your resume here, or via our website at inclusionlangley.com/employment-application. Please include the following job posting(s) you are applying for in your application:
Job Posting #2023-24-YS-1TEX
We thank you for applying to this position and we appreciate your interest in Inclusion Langley Society. We will only contact candidates selected for further consideration.
We acknowledge that we are grateful guests on the unceded traditional territories of the Kwantlen, Katzie, Matsqui and Semiahmoo First Nations where we live, learn, work and play.
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 25 per week
Salary: $26.74-$30.69 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
ILS follows the guidelines of the Provincial Health Office and WorkSafeBC; Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated from COVID-19.
- Do you have a valid B.C. Class 5 Driver's Licence (or higher)?
- Do you have experience providing support to individuals with intellectual/developmental disabilities?
- Are you fully vaccinated for COVID-19? (Minimum 2 doses)
- Do you own a personal vehicle?
- Are you available Monday to Friday from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM, and for occasional weekends and evenings?
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-09-08