Come join a manufacturer and designer of high-precision, non-contact metrology equipment! Novacam Technologies caters to industrial and scientific applications in sectors such as aerospace, automotive, power, defence, biomedical and more.
With increasing demand over the years, we are looking for an Installation and Support Technician to assist our Montreal team and our customers with their NOVACAM systems. By manipulating mechanical, optical and electrical components, you will assemble, test and support metrology systems responding to specific measurement needs. You will be in contact with customers regularly and help answer some of their questions or redirect them to the appropriate Novacam personnel. Your dexterity, knowledge and efficient communication will be the heart of delivering high-quality equipment to our top-tier international clients.
This is an entry-level job. We are looking for someone with general skills who is willing to learn how to use advanced measuring instruments. The included 3-month training is mostly technical but will also include an introduction to Customer Service. After training, the Installation and Support Technician will travel regularly (about 20% of the time) to customers sites outside the country.
What we offer:
- Flexible working hours (37.5 hours/week)
- Office highly accessible via public transport (buses 215/208) and free parking space available
- Opportunity to travel around the world
- Travel insurance
What your daily tasks will be:
- Installing and testing NOVACAM systems at our Montreal office before they are sent to the customers
- Installing NOVACAM systems at customer sites (mostly in the USA, but also in Europe, Asia, Oceania and the Americas).
- Answering customer support requests in a timely manner.
- Follow up with customers and relay feedback to the Engineering and Sales team
- Creating and maintaining good relationships with customers
- Contributing to constant improvement in user documentation and user support processes.
What your qualifications are:
- DEC in a relevant field (mechanical or electrical) OR relevant experience
- Fluency in English (written and oral)
- Valid passport and driving licence, availability to travel outside of Canada (estimated ∼10-20% travel after training)
- Autonomy and resourcefulness
- Excellent communication skills
- Capable of working under pressure
- Ability to lift heavy objects and kneel
- Open to learning new skills
- Versatility and openness to collaborate with a small team of various backgrounds
- Previous experience in metrology, customer service, programming, networking
- Fluency in French (written and oral)
- Additional languages
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $44,000.00 per year
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Dollard-Des Ormeaux, QC H9B 2M9: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Can you travel outside Canada (USA, Europe, Asia) as part of your job?
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-10-09