MOUNT POLLEY MINING CORPORATION an Imperial Metals company
Mill Operations - Metallurgist Job Description
Reporting to the Chief Metallurgist, the incumbent will carry out engineering assignments relating to process optimization, process control, or quality assurance. Work may be conducted in a plant or in the laboratory. Can involve assisting other Metallurgists on larger complex assignments or working independently on smaller or less complex assignments.
- Works safely and in accordance with applicable legislation, company policy, standards and procedures.
- Monitoring plant performance, identifying sources of variability, and making recommendations for improvement.
- Maintain quality control programs within the plant and onsite laboratories.
- Assisting mill operations in coaching and training to develop operator skillsets, potentially assist operating the process plant.
- Increasing knowledge of the process plant, assisting the maintenance and operations group in identifying plant bottlenecks and process plant issues.
- Collection of process plant streams to support metallurgical performance evaluation (ie. trials related to grinding media, reagents, and circuit/equipment modifications).
- Sample preparation and submission to assay lab (crushing, drying, splitting, screening, pressure filtering)
- Routine metallurgical lab test work (particle size analyses, bench flotation testing, settling tests)
- Mill circuit checks (PH probe calibration, thickener settling checks, quality checks, Marcy scale calibrations)
- Compiling results from laboratory test works into spreadsheet software (ie. Microsoft Excel)
- Completing inventories of plant consumables (ie. grinding media, flotation reagents)
- Analytical expertise for data trending and evaluation
Bachelor's degree in mineral processing or alternatively equivalent technical experience.
Minimum two years.
Driver's license (required)
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $100,000.00-$125,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Night shift
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Likely, BC V0L1N0: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- drivers license (required)
- Day Shift (preferred)
- Overnight Shift (preferred)
- Night Shift (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-08-06