INVITATION TO PROPONENTS:
South Riverdale Community Health Centre is a non-profit, multi-service organization that provides primary healthcare, social and community outreach services with an emphasis on health promotion and disease prevention primarily to people of East Toronto. Our mission is to improve the lives of people that face barriers to physical, mental, spiritual and social well-being. We do so by meaningfully engaging our clients and communities, ensuring equitable access to primary health care and delivering quality care through a range of evidence informed programs, services and approaches. As a leader in community health, our locally and internationally recognized community services include cutting-edge primary health services, health promotion, harm reduction, environmental health, community food centre and population-based community programs for marginalized peoples. We value health equity and inclusion and respect in our work and in the delivery of our services.
South Riverdale Community Health Centre (“SRCHC”) is seeking to retain an experienced Pay Equity Consultant to review SRCHC’s pay equity plan and to ensure maintenance obligations are met. Extensive familiarity and knowledge of the development of Ontario Pay Equity legislation and practices is required. Further experience requirements include:
- Experience within the non-profit sector, with experience in the non-profit community health and social service sector preferred
- Experience utilizing all of the methods of comparison under the Pay Equity Act including the proxy method of comparison
- Experience ensuring organizational compliance with pay equity maintenance obligations
- Experience working with bargaining units represented by large public sector unions
- Experience leading/participating in pay equity discussions with union representatives on behalf of employers
ESTIMATED PROJECT START DATE:
DEADLINE FOR SUBMITTING PROPOSAL:
12:00 noon on Friday, April 14, 2023
NOTIFICATION OF OUTCOME OF RFP PROCESS:
Interviews of selected proposals will take place on:
Monday, April 24, 2023 and Tuesday, April 25, 2023
Please submit your proposal and direct any communications to:
The Hiring Committee – RFP Pay Equity Consultant
South Riverdale Community Health Centre
955 Queen Street East
Toronto, ON M4M 3P3
Email: [email protected]
Please ensure to state “RFP Pay Equity Consultant” in the subject line of your email.
Please submit any questions by 12:00 noon on Friday, March 31, 2023.
Please email [email protected] if you would like to receive answers to submitted questions.
INFORMATION REQUESTED FROM PROPONENTS:
A brief proposal of no more than four (4) pages including the following:
- Profile and resume of consultant(s): qualifications and description of relevant experience;
- Description of approach and general plan with key milestones and timelines;
- A firm cost indicating per diem for each member of the team and the number of days necessary to complete the work as per expectations;
- Out of pocket expenses, if any expected; and
- Minimum of three (3) references for similar work.
EVALUATION CRITERIA AND SELECTION PROCESS:
- Experience within the non-profit sector and the non-profit community health and social service sector;
- Availability to achieve project expectations within a reasonable timeline;
- Experience developing pay equity plans within a unionized environment;
- Experience assisting organizations to obtain and maintain pay equity compliance;
- Demonstrated success rate, including any success demonstrated in reported case law.
Cost of preparation
SRCHC will not be liable for any costs incurred by the applicants in the preparation of their response to this proposal.
Submission of Proposals
The proposal must be submitted to SRCHC Contact in electronic format and be received by 12:00 noon on Friday, April 14, 2023.
Respondents are encouraged to request confirmation of receipt of their proposal by email to the SRCHC Contact (listed above).
Proponents may direct questions in writing or by email to the SRCHC Contact. SRCHC is under no obligation to provide additional information but may do so at its sole discretion SRCHC reserves the right to distribute the questions and responses to all proponents.
If selected, the proponent agrees that SRCHC will have exclusive right to the unique intellectual property of the outcomes of this project and the proponent will waive in favour of SRCHC their Copyright Act rights to all concepts, techniques, ideas, information and materials, however recorded, (including images and data) of such intellectual property.
If selected, the proponent will be required to carry organizational liability insurance that covers their work.
If selected, the proponent will keep all information received to complete this project in strict confidence and use solely to perform the obligations for the purpose of the project. Upon completion of the project all information collected from SRCHC will be returned to SRCHC or destroyed in a manner designated by SRCHC.
If selected, the proponent will not have any contact with patients or patient health information for any purpose whatsoever unless expressly authorized by SRCHC.
No Incorporation by Reference by Proponent
The entire content of the proponent’s proposal should be submitted in a fixed form and not be dependent on any external links or documents. The content of web sites or other external documents referred to in the proponent’s proposal will not be considered to form part of its proposal.
Proposal to be Retained by SRCHC
SRCHC will not return the Proposal or any accompanying documentation submitted by the Proponent.
Reserved Rights of SRCHC
SRCHC may, at its sole and absolute discretion, carry out the RFP process as it determines to be in the best interest of SRCHC and to be the most beneficial to SRCHC. Without prejudice to any other right or remedy available to SRCHC, SRCHC may, make public the names of any or all proponents, do nothing, cancel the RFP, reject any or all proposals, accept any proposal in whole or in part and under no circumstances shall SRCHC be liable for any indirect or consequential damages.
- RFP - Pay Equity Consultant 2023 March (Updated April 3, 2023) (pdf)