MINING CORPORATION an Imperial Metals company
Mill Operations – Metallurgist
Reporting to the Chief Metallurgist, the incumbent will carry out engineering assignments relating to process optimization, process control, environment or quality assurance. Work may be conducted in plant or in the laboratory. Can involve assisting Metallurgists on larger complex assignments or working independently on smaller or less complex assignments.
- Monitoring plant performance, identifying sources of variability, and making recommendations for improvement.
- Maintain quality control programs within the plant and onsite laboratories.
- Assisting mill operations in coaching and training to develop operator skillsets.
- Collection of process plant streams to support metallurgical performance evaluation (ie. trials related to grinding media, reagents, and circuit/equipment modifications)
- Sample preparation and submission to assay lab (crushing, drying, splitting, screening, pressure filtering)
- Routine metallurgical lab test work (particle size analyses, bench flotation testing, settling tests)
- Mill circuit checks (PH probe calibration, thickener settling checks, quality checks, Marcy scale calibrations)
- Compiling results from laboratory test works into spreadsheet software (ie. Microsoft Excel)
- Completing inventories of plant consumables (ie. grinding media, flotation reagents)
- Works safely and in accordance with applicable legislation, company policy, standards and procedures.
- Strong data management skills and experience with environmental databases (EHS Monitor Pro)
- Analytical expertise for data trending and evaluation.
- Experience in regulatory reporting using provincial and federal platforms (Mine Effluent Reporting System, BC Environmental Monitoring Systems)
- Environmental Field Experience.
Technical diploma preferred. Senior matriculation with 4-5 years relevant experience acceptable
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $73,000.00-$85,000.00 per year
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Likely, BC V0L1N0: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Secondary School (preferred)
- drivers license (required)
Work Location: In person