**This position is based in Vanderhoof, BC and relocation or commuting will be required**
Child and Youth Mental Health Therapist # 2023-031
Vacancies: 1 Position Available
Location: Based in Vanderhoof, BC
Hours of Work: 37.5 hrs per wk: Mon to Fri, 8:30 am to 4:30pm - Flexible work options maybe considered
Closing Date: Until Filled
Start Date: As Soon as Possible
Salary: $41.78 - $51.14/hour as per CSSEA & CSSBA Collective Agreement (Grid Level 16P)
The Child and Youth Mental Health Therapist works within a multi-disciplinary team to provide prevention, assessment, referral, clinical counselling and follow-up services to individuals and family members affected by mental health issues.
Provides assessments and therapeutic services for children and youth 18 and under who are experiencing mental health problems, or who may be at risk of developing a mental health condition. Services will be extended to include family or other caregivers and service providers. Services will also be provided to the community members in the form of psycho- educational presentations and awareness. Close collaborations with other health and support services will be built and maintained in efforts to provide comprehensive service delivery.
Qualifications & Experience:
- A Master’s degree Counselling Psychology or a related field.
- At least 2 years recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, & experience.
- Broad knowledge of mental health and substance abuse disorders and their interaction.
- Working knowledge of DSM 5.
- Ability to conduct comprehensive assessments including the ability to assess and facilitate appropriate interventions to reduce the individual’s risk to self and others.
- Must be sensitive to and respectful of cultural differences, differences in socio-economic status and lifestyle diversity.
- Must be non-judgmental
- Knowledge of relevant socio-historical events relevant to Indigenous culture.
- Well-developed interpersonal, counselling, oral and written communication skills.
- Intermediate Computer Skills (moderate understanding of operating systems, word processing, graphics, spreadsheets, databases).
- Valid class 5 driver’s license & satisfactory drivers abstract
- Criminal Record Check clearance
- This position requires union membership
Our Commitment to You:
We make significant investments in our people, which is why we take great care to hire those who we believe will thrive at
Connexus. As a Connexus Team member, you can expect to be treated with dignity and respect, to be challenged with your work, and to have the autonomy necessary to excel.
- Benefits: Extended Health, Dental, Pension Plan, Paid Sick Days, LTD, Vacation 3 weeks + more
- Interesting and relevant training and development opportunities
- Connexus is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $41.75-$51.14 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Vision care
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Will you be able to reliably commute or relocate to Vanderhoof, BC for this job?
- Are you a Canadian Citizen or legally entitled to work in Canada?
- Master's Degree (required)
- counselling: 2 years (preferred)
- Class 5 Licence (required)
Work Location: In person