Position Type: Full -time (30-35 per week)/Part - time (15-20 per week)-
We are looking for staff available to work Daytime shifts (between 9:00 am - 4:00 or 5:00pm). 7 hours per day
Location: Prince George, BC
Wage: $20-$23/hour depending on experience with wage reviews annually
*One year commitment requested
Nature and Scope of Work
Behaviour Interventionists & Child Care Workers serve as ‘behaviour therapists’, working one-on-one with individuals with Autism and other developmental disabilities. They implement client specific Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) intervention strategies that are developed by a team of specialists.
You will work in the client’s home, independently implementing the one-to-one behaviour programs, helping your clients achieve their stated goals. You will be accountable to your clients, multi-disciplinary team and Regional Manager.
Work is done in client homes so a reliable vehicle is necessary.
You will work with the same clients for an extended period of time, so we request a one-year commitment.
We are looking for candidates with:
- At least 3 months experience (volunteer, practicum or paid) working with special needs
- populations (preferably autism but work with other disorders is also strongly considered)
- Post-secondary education in a related area of study such as: Disability and Applied Behaviour Analysis, Special Education Assistant, Child & Youth Care, Early Childhood Education,Psychology or Social Work, Community Support Worker, etc.
- Ability to set boundaries with compassion and consistency
- Dependability & consistency in attending sessions
- Basic computer skills
- Flexible Schedule
You MUST be able to provide the following:
- Proof that you are over 19 years old Willingness to complete a Criminal Record Check
- Willingness to obtain Emergency First Aid/CPR
- Willingness and ability to successfully complete NVCPI training directly through Pivot Point
- Have a reliable vehicle
- Have a valid Driver’s License
- Have a clean driving record (Driver's Abstract will be required)
Benefits to You:
This is a great starting opportunity for those wanting to pursue a career in Behavioural Consulting, Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) Therapy, Occupational Therapy or any related field. Benefits include:
- ABA Behaviour Intervention training
- Non-Violent Crisis Prevention & Intervention (NVCPI) training
- Flexible schedule
Job Types: Part-time, Full-time
Part-time hours: 35 per week
Salary: $20.00-$23.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Are you looking for Full Time or Part Time Hours? and are you available Monday to Friday from 8:30- 5:00 pm?
- Working with children with diverse abilities: 1 year (required)
- Drivers Licence (preferred)
Work Location: In person