Some Other Solutions Job Description
JOB TITLE: Community Engagement Coordinator
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for the proactive development, implementation, and service provision of Suicide Prevention, Crisis Education Programs, Grief and Loss initiatives, and Mental Health awareness presentations. Emphasis on strong advocacy for mental health and dedicated client representation ensures their needs are consistently prioritized and participation in committees aligned with the mission of Some Other Solutions.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Capacity and Program Manager
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's/master's degree in social work, Counseling, Psychology, or a related field. A diploma in Social Work will be considered based on experience.
- Required registration for Alberta College of Social Work (ACSW) or Canadian Certified Counsellor (CCC) Designation.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in related fields.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Cultural competence and sensitivity.
- Case management, client advocacy skills and crisis intervention
- Compassionate and non-judgmental approach.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to handle stress and high-pressure situations.
· Research & Community Collaboration
· Continued professional development.
· Direct Service and Reporting GAP Counsellor
- This role is primarily on-site.
- Work hours: 37.5 Monday to Friday 8:30 – 4:30 [including after-hours or emergency availability].
- Frequent travel throughout the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo (RMWB)
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- In addition to annual leave, enjoy the week of Christmas/New Years and Alberta/public holidays off per employment standards.
- 14 wellness days a year
- Reimbursement for approved work-related travel expenses.
- Competitive pay based upon experience.
- Benefits package including [health, vision and dental insurance, etc.]
- Opportunities for advancement and continuing education with tuition reimbursement.
REPORTING & COMMUNICATION:
- Regularly report to the Capacity and Program Manager via email, Microsoft Teams, etc.
- Participate in annual performance reviews.
SAFETY & CONFIDENTIALITY:
- Adhere to all confidentiality and privacy laws, ensuring the safety and privacy of all clients.
- Complete mandatory safety training and protocols.
- Interested candidates should apply at e[email protected] CV and cover letter.
- Application deadline: 2023-09-30 by 4:30 PM
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00-$75,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-09-30
Expected start date: 2023-10-09