Founded in 1976, North Shore Community Resources’ (NSCR) mission is to enhance well-being, social connections, empowerment, and community participation by designing and delivering programs and services to create a thriving North Shore. To learn more about NSCR, see our Annual Reportand visit our website at www.nscr.ca.
NSCR seeks a permanent full-time (35 hours/week) Child & Parent Program Assistant Manager and Municipal Consultant to assist the Manager, Child & Parent Programs. The Assistant Manager will provide supervisory assistance to the Manager across the range of Child and Parent programs at NSCR including in our Child Care Resource and Referral Program (CCRR). The CCRR Assistant Manager will assist the Child Parent Program Manager with administrative duties, managing extended hours for the CCRR team, meetings with community partners and committees, and coverage for the Child and Parent Programs Manager as needed. The Municipal Consultant is the lead staff member responsible for supporting licensed group child care providers and early years educators on the North Shore.
The Child & Parent Assistant Manager and Municipal Consultant will work collaboratively with the Manager on all aspects of the Child & Parent programs including service delivery (for the CCRR program, municipal childcare program and Community Action Program for Children), financial management, human resources, program communication (brand representation), collaboration with program partners and representation of NSCR’s Child & Parent programs in the general community. This is a new role thus responsibilities will evolve with time and expertise, but initially the Assistant Manager will have specific responsibilities including:
· Lead staff member to coordinate and manage NSCR CCRR program extended hours and staff scheduling as required
· Assisting the Manager with program implementation, reporting and evaluation according to various funder requirements and NSCR Evaluation Frameworks
· Assisting the Manager with program innovation and grant/funding applications
· Assisting the Manager to ensure a culture of integrity, timeliness and accountability among staff within the program
· Representing the CCRR program and NSCR on committees and in the community
· Assisting the Manager with recruitment, retention and evaluation of program staff including developing work and performance plans for staff
· Assisting the Manager to promote and market the CCRR program in the community by attending meetings, presenting to Early Childhood Educators and community partners and preparing CCRR promotional materials including drafting articles for programs newsletters, social media, and other promotional efforts
· Maintaining knowledge of community services and resource persons and relaying this information to the child care and early learning community
· Facilitating the Community of Practice for Early Childhood Educators
In the Municipal Child Care Consultant role, the Assistant Manager will:
· Lead staff to support and provide consultations to potential child care operators and current licensed child care operators and managers, and early childhood educators.
· Facilitate/coordinate the Administrators Networking group and provide administrative duties to the Child Care Planning Committee
· Liaise closely with the three municipalities on how to best support child care development and issue management on the North Shore
· Lead in planning, implementing and overseeing CCRR workshops and other professional development opportunities for early years professionals
· Lead to host CCRR in-person workshops
· Assist with coverage of other CCRR team members as required with ACCB, child care Referrals, outreach, and lending library duties and responsibilities
· Other duties and tasks as contracts, funding or Program Manager requires
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· Relevant degree or valid BC Early Childhood Certificate/Diploma
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience in child care centers with supervisory responsibility
· Excellent interpersonal, leadership, communication (written and oral) & and presentation skills.
· Ability to work independently as well as seek assistance/direction as appropriate
· Understanding of and experience with client relationships and professional ethics (Code of Ethics ECEBC)
· Appropriate computer (Word, Excel, Zoom, etc.) and other technological literacy
· A valid Class 5 British Columbia driver’s license and vehicle
· Appropriate Criminal Records & Vulnerable Sector Check
· One or more additional languages will be an asset
· Ability to work evenings and weekends
Please send electronic applications (cover letter + resume) to Tunde Getaneh, Manager of Child and Parent Programs
NSCR values diversity and inclusivity. We encourage all individuals inclusive of any identity to apply. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. We thank all individuals who have submitted an application for their interest.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $31.00-$34.00 per hour
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
Flexible Language Requirement:
Work Location: In person