Colas Canada Inc.
Acting on behalf of the applicable Engineer of Record (EOR), the Field Review Monitor (FRM) is responsible for carrying out field reviews at the construction site during the implementation or construction of the Professional Work Product (PWP). For clarity, the EOR retains professional responsibility including making all decisions related to the practice of engineering relevant to the PWP. The FRM, working under the direct supervision and control of the applicable EOR, will carry out field reviews to ensure that implementation or construction of the PWP in the field aligns with the original design's intended purpose, specifications, and requirements. The FRM will also:
verify that the PWP is appropriate for the field condition
confirm the original design and assumptions are valid as they relate to field implementation
identify issues in the original design or specifications - or any other issues - due to site conditions that were not known while preparing the PWP
create alignment between field-level decisions and engineering or geoscience-level decisions
ensure that if the implementation deviates from the intended design, the deviations are managed appropriately
Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or Structural Engineering, an associate's degree in a technical discipline or construction-related field.
- Professional registration with APEGA or ability to register from another jurisdiction.
- 5+ years of related experience on field projects related to transportation structures.
- Knowledge of public works contracts, and previous experience with P3 projects is required.
- Must be able to read and interpret plans and specifications, and construction-related processes in the area of specialty
- Potential to lead an asset
- Ability to communicate in all manners (oral, written, technology) and to follow oral and verbal instructions.
- Ability to prepare detailed written reports.
- Capability of performing math calculations in order to perform engineering calculations, graphs and charts.
- Proficient with computer programs, and propriety engineering software.
- Able to balance competing tasks and work within a multi-disciplined team.
- Ability to recognize hazardous work conditions and take action if necessary.
- Able to use sound judgment.
- Requires ability to climb ladders, inspect work above and below ground, work in confined spaces and negotiate terrain on in-process construction sites.
Colas is a Canadian leader in transportation infrastructure - materials, construction, and maintenance. From roads to rail, airports to ports, we build some of the most important projects that connect our communities.
Backed by our network of Colas companies across Canada and the Colas Group worldwide, Colas offers a wide range of innovative and sustainable solutions for the construction and maintenance of transportation infrastructure.
Join the largest transportation infrastructure group in the world and help connect Canada.
DIVERSITY IS IMPORTANT TO US
At Colas, we believe our workforce should reflect the diversity of the communities we connect. By living our core values of Caring, Sharing, and Daring, we welcome all those who help create the links that bring us together. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of age, ethnicity, national origin, religious beliefs, disability, marital or family status, gender, gender identity or expression.