Project Manager - ( 230001YJ )
At our core, we’re a community. Together, we exercise creative thought, developing engineering and designs as individual as the people and projects we touch. From approval and permitting to design and construction management services, we put the goals of our clients and their communities at the center of everything we create. Join us as we assist mining companies in getting mined materials to communities around the globe.
Stantec is seeking qualified candidates for a Project Manager in our Saskatoon, SK office. This position requires an individual with strong leadership, management and business development skills to support team growth and lead projects in the mining sector. The successful candidate will be required to manage projects and be responsible for collaborating with the project teams and clients, managing scope and deliverables, developing and managing project budgets, and performing internal and external project status reporting. The Project Manager will serve Canadian and International-based clients with a focus on discipline engineering services related to mining operations.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Managing day-to-day project execution for a portfolio of projects which include project team members from various offices around the globe.
- Manage all aspects of project delivery, including development and review of technical and administrative deliverables, coordination of technical task leads and coordination of internal and external project meetings.
- Guide multi-disciplinary engineering projects.
- Experience within the mining sector is desired.
- Previous potash and uranium experience will be considered an asset.
- Support and be an active member of the business development and account management teams.
- Understanding of project related risks, technical scope, and engineering analyses in order to manage project scope and assign appropriate quality technical reviews.
- Capability to develop budgets, determine project scopes and establish and maintain project schedules.
- Ability to manage project budgets and schedules for successful internal outcomes and client satisfaction.
- Manage project set-up and project close-out.
- Attention to detail and strong QA/QC skills are required.
- Provide an understanding of contracts and various pricing structures for projects.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong technical writing and communication skills.
- Strong stakeholder interaction skills, between internal teams and external client.
- Exceptional organizational, technical, leadership, written and oral communication and attention to detail.
- Certification as a Project Management Professional PMP is preferred.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of a B.S. in engineering or science or a combination of experience and education sufficient to complete the work.
- Minimum of 8-years of experience in multi-disciplinary engineering roles and/or project management roles.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-Saskatchewan-Saskatoon
Organization : BC-1695 Mining-CA Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : May 3, 2023, 2:07:40 PM
Req ID: 230001YJ
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans