Guest Services Agent
We are currently looking for a Guest Service Agent. At Holiday Inn Express® we want our guests to rest and feel energized and ready for the day ahead which means we need team members to demonstrate the following service behaviors:
- Make a Connection - show guests that they are important and make them feel at ease by taking time to acknowledge them in a friendly way
- Be Helpful - familiarize yourself with all the services in the hotel and the local area to answer any question and give guests what they need to find their own way
- Be Efficient - take ownership and play your part to get things done by making things easier for guests; doing as much as in advance and multi-task when you need to
Areas of Accountability:
Achieve ultimate in guest satisfaction:
Oversee and participate in the prompt and courteous handling of all guest concerns as necessary, including, but not limited to: check-in and check-out; telephone and personal inquiries; luggage and vehicle handling; and travel information.
Ensure rooms security by maintaining effective key control and confidentiality.
Motivate self and associates by displaying excellence in customer service.
Exceed guest expectations by ensuring we provide superior service and teamwork:
Ensure all hotel products and services are delivered efficiently and in a timely manner.
Consistently communicate information and requests to associates to ensure teamwork generates exceptional guest service. Follow up with other departments as necessary.
Use tools such as daily logbook to communicate information.
Follow standard cash-handling policies and procedures.
Comply with check-in and check-out procedures for individual and group/tour activity
Maintain clean and safe working conditions within department and hotel:
Ensure all associates comply with safety rules and procedures.
Notify management of any problems or discrepancies.
Take corrective action, where required, to improve safety of work areas.
Perform tasks specific to Guest Services team:
- Accurate and Timely check-in and check-out of hotel guest
- Perform Reservations duties, as required
- Perform switchboard duties, as required
- Daily balancing of individual work, as well as maintaining a cash float
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Provide excellent guest service, meeting and exceeding guests needs and request
- Be empowered to solve a guest’s problem immediately to ensure guest satisfaction
- Complete additional duties as required by the Front Office Manager and as noted on the Daily Checklist
- Act as an ambassador for our Brand
Foster spirit of teamwork while ensuring the department provides superior customer service to hotel employees and guests alike in a cooperative and harmonious working climate.
Focus on consistent delivery of Holiday Inn Standards for guest service, Mission, and Values
Resolve any areas of concern relating to the safety and security of guests or staff.
Maintain high level of integrity by respecting the privacy of guests and associates.
Ensure management is informed of all unusual activity and matters of significance.
Perform all duties in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established corporate policies and procedures to achieve the overall objectives of this position
- Excellent travel benefits with IHG hotels worldwide
- MetroX Bus stops just outside hotel entrance
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $15.00 per hour
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Enfield, NS B2T 0C8: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Night Shift (preferred)
- Day Shift (preferred)
- Overnight Shift (preferred)
Work Location: In person