What you will be doing in the role of Project Manager:
Your responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Overseeing the successful completion of projects, managing all elements of a project including: scope, schedule, finance, risk, quality and resources
- Ensuring effective coordination and completion of projects on time, within budget and within scope
- Assisting in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Effectively initiating, planning and executing assigned projects of varying scope
- Managing changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Measuring project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Reporting and escalating issues, delays and/or critical information to management, as needed
- Outlining the tasks involved in the project and delegating accordingly; following up on delegated tasks and ensuring task assignment is appropriate to individual strengths and capabilities.
- Conducting cost analysis, estimating expected costs for the project.
- Preparing and implementing a budget based on estimates.
- Conducting risk assessments, reporting identified risks to management, and providing recommendations for mitigation of risk (including termination of the project, if appropriate).
- Addressing questions, concerns, and/or complaints throughout the project.
- Acting as a liaison between the company, customers, and vendors.
Knowledge and skills required for the role:
- Degree in Chemical, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering (or related field)
- Minimum 7 years of relevant experience with 5 years of direct project management, leading nuclear, automation and/or engineered process solutions projects
- Industry knowledge with experience in controls, energy management systems and mechanical/electrical systems
- Nuclear industry experience including familiarization with the CSA N299.3 standards is an asset
- Ability to plan, organize and multi-task to meet deadlines
- PMP would be considered an asset
What we give YOU!
- Flexible working schedules, including hybrid remote work programs
- A competitive compensation package, with RRSP-matching
- Comprehensive benefits coverage (medical, dental, vision, EAP & on-demand virtual health care)
- A culture that promotes healthy work-life balance with above-market paid time off
- Challenging work and direct exposure to key industries in the Canadian market
- A structured training and development program and opportunities for continuous learning
- Opportunity to participate in an award-winning wellness program!
Lakeside Process Controls Ltd. (‘Lakeside’) is recognized as a market leader, providing complete automation solutions to a wide range of industries. Our capabilities in process management and industrial automation enable us to solve our customers’ process automation challenges, keeping their operations running safer.
Lakeside’s success is due to its exceptional people. Our skills and passion for our work is the key to our strong business results. Our commitment to a culture of integrity, teamwork and collaboration is what drives our continued and sustainable growth.
We seek individuals who are engaged, capable and committed to continuous improvement. If this sounds like you, apply today and discover your potential with Lakeside!
Lakeside Process Controls Ltd. is committed to employment equity and welcomes diversity. If you require accommodations to complete an application, please contact Human Resources and we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Mississauga, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- How many years of experience do you have managing projects related to the nuclear industry, automation and/or process solutions?
- direct project management: 5 years (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Mississauga, ON