Who We Are: BGO is a leading, global real estate investment management advisor, real estate lender, and a globally recognized provider of real estate services. BGO serves the interests of more than 750 institutional clients with expertise in the asset management of office, industrial, multi-residential, retail and hospitality property across the globe. BGO has offices in 28 cities across fourteen countries with deep, local knowledge, experience, and extensive networks in the regions where we invest in and manage real estate assets on behalf of our clients in primary, secondary and co-investment markets. BGO is a part of SLC Management, which is the institutional alternatives and traditional asset management business of Sun Life. For more information, please visit www.bgo.com
BGO promotes a corporate culture that attracts and retains the highest caliber people. We encourage opportunities for growth, development, and promotion by providing our employees with the resources to work effectively and continually strive to perform better. We are committed to a safe and sustainable work environment.
The Opportunity: The Live-in Maintenance Technician will contribute and participate in activities related to preventative, scheduled or unscheduled maintenance as well as environmental, health and safety, and other special initiatives.
Reporting to: Senior Maintenance Manager
What you will do:
- General cleaning of the common areas of the building (lobbies, elevator, stairwells, windows) and amenity areas (laundry rooms, social rooms, recreation rooms) including sweeping, vacuuming & mopping. Cleans & sanitizes bathrooms, fixtures, fittings, mirrors, counters, floors, walls and replenish supplies.
- Exterior cleaning duties including general maintenance of underground garage and parking levels, service rooms, foyers, patios, and rooftops and picking up loose garbage/debris around the property.
- Responsible for seasonal cleaning duties such as watering of outdoor flowerpots, snow shoveling and side-walk snow maintenance, pressure washing, or other cleaning duties.
- Complete scheduled and emergency maintenance as required (i.e., clogged sinks, lighting replacement and repair, toilets or flood clean up).
- Ensure resident issues and service requests are addressed within 24 hours (minor repairs and maintenance tasks). Further efforts to ensure resident satisfaction and service delivery through prompt service, ongoing communication and follow up.
- Accompany vendors and contractors while work is being completed and reporting progress to the management office team or Regional Property Manager as required.
- Familiarization with the emergency operation of electrical, elevator, boiler, fire panel and safety systems, mechanical systems, emergency generator, sprinkler, and timer systems.
- Coordination of month-end duties and responsibilities, including pre-inspection & turnover of vacant suites.
- Ensure operations records, files and documentation are maintained accurately and timely and in accordance with established procedures.
- Other related duties at this location or other BentallGreenOak locations as required. Some tasks may require lifting of objects weighing 50lbs.
Who you are:
- Education – Completion of high school required.
- Experience - Related hands-on experience with Multi-Residential Property Management with a strong service ethic commitment. An awareness of Occupational Health and Safety and WHMIS management practices.
- Computer Skills - Comfortable using Smart Phones and two-way radios.
- Availability and On-Call Duties – Flexibility in hours to ensure availability for on-call duties, move-in-move-outs at the end of a month and into the first two to three days of the month. Hours may be changed based on operational needs. Must be able to handle emergencies occurring after regular office hours.
- Knowledge – Knowledge of all maintenance systems (pumps, emergency generators, HVAC, boilers, chillers, swimming pool, sprinklers, etc.).
- Developing and sustaining cooperating working relationships with staff, contractors, the public and especially residents.
- Police Clearance – A criminal verification check is required for employment.
We thank all applicants for their interest in employment with BGO, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At BGO, we recognize that each employee’s unique experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints strengthen our ability to create and deliver the best value to our clients, partners, and stakeholders/investors. Therefore, we strongly encourage applicants of all genders, ages, ethnicities, cultures, abilities, sexual orientations, and life experiences to apply to our career opportunities.
BGO is committed to equitable hiring practices, and we welcome the opportunity to discuss accommodation and ensure fairness and equity in our hiring process. We can support any accommodation, please email us at [email protected] include: Job posting number, your name and your preferred method of contact.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
Supplemental pay types:
- What are your annual base salary expectations?
Work Location: In person