Full-Time Regular Position
Registered Nurse - Hepatitis C
Full-Time Regular Position, 1.0 FTE (35 hours/week), Bargaining Unit – Ontario Nurses Association
Parkdale Queen West Community Health Centre (Parkdale Queen West CHC) is a dynamic, community-based
health care organization serving mid-west downtown Toronto. Offering a broad range of services, including
primary health care, dental care, harm reduction, health promotion, counselling, and community development
programming, we are also committed to serving people who face barriers to health care, and we strive to reduce
these barriers. PQWCHC is a multi-site organization.
Reporting to the Manager of Urban Health – Harm Reduction, the Hepatitis C Nurse provides direct Hep C
treatment, case management support, outreach, and education. The work is done in collaboration with an
interdisciplinary team, including physicians, nurse practitioners, a Hepatitis C Community Health Worker, harm
reduction coordinators, and the Consumption & Treatment Service (safe consumption service), as well as partner
agencies. The RN works primarily with current and former drug users and individuals experiencing homelessness
in mid-west Toronto as part of a joint initiative between PQWCHC and South Riverdale Community Health Centre.
The RN will be responsible for working across sites.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Current registration as a Registered Nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario, and RNAO membership
- 3 to 5 years nursing experience in a community setting, public health setting, and/or primary care
- Demonstrated expertise in medical laboratory procedures; thorough knowledge and understanding of
infection prevention and control practices and procedures
- Demonstrated knowledge of infectious diseases generally, and Hepatitis in particular
- Knowledge and experience in mental health, harm reduction and chronic illness is required
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent decision-making skills
- High level of comfort with diverse populations
- Able to work independently and as a team member within a multi-disciplinary environment
Compensation: $62,419 to $74,148 per annum plus Group Benefits and HOOPP (Healthcare of Ontario Pension
If you are interested in joining in a creative and dedicated team to, we want to hear from you! Applicants please
send your resume and cover letter in a single document (MS Word or PDF format only). Please apply using the
form at the bottom of the PQWCHC employment page: https://pqwchc.org/contact/employment/
Please also note that the successful candidate will be required to provide a police vulnerable sector
check as a condition of employment, however strong consideration is made to the type of offense.
Employment is conditional upon having had a full series of COVID-19 vaccinations (2 doses, plus booster
within 6-12 months) 14 days before starting employment.
PQWCHC is committed to the principles of access and equity. PQWCHC is committed to reflecting the diversity of the communities it serves
and we encourage applicants who reflect Toronto’s indigenous, LGBTQ2, racial, and cultural diversity. We welcome and encourage
applications from all qualified candidates, including people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request. Parkdale Queen West
CHC is in full compliance of the Ontario Human Rights Code and does not discriminate on the ground of records of offenses.
Page 1 of 1