We are currently looking to hire a Dispatch Coordinator who will be responsible for dispatching daily deliveries that transport fright across North America, Pre-Planning and Dispatching future loads based out of our Caledon office in Ontario.
- Plans and coordinates pickups/deliveries already entered into the system to ensure that they will be completed on time;
- Establishes proactive communication with drivers for better planning;
- Check the availability of drivers;
- Checks the availability of trucks and trailers;
- Make sure to take note in the system of all information relevant to pickups and deliveries;
- Demonstrates respect and fairness in dealing with drivers
- Adapts to changes in customer requests / makes last-minute changes (eg redirecting trips);
- Revise its planning to take into account the unexpected having arisen
- Notify customers of problems, delays, and others.
- Performs related duties as assigned by the Operations Manager and General Manager.
- Willing to work on the weekend for few hours if needed.
Desired Skills and Experience
· Strong computer skills
· Previous logistics and customer experience is must
· Good time management with an ability to prioritize and multi-task.
· Knowledge of Fleet Manager Software is a must
Must have own vehicle to commute
Must be able to work on Saturday Or Sunday for 6 Hours
Total Number of Hours: up to 45 Hrs. weekly
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $48,000.00-$68,000.00 per year
Work Location: In person