Subsidiary: Colas Canada Inc.
Colas Canada is part of the Colas Group, a world leader in transportation infrastructure construction and maintenance. The Colas Group also has a network of companies in the USA.
The Structural Field Coordinator will work under general directions and independently determine and develop solutions with good time and project management skills, specifically related to structural activities on the project. Must be available for rotational on-call during peak times and be exceptionally organized with clear communication skills across multiple platforms
Ensure the Construction is in full compliance with the Project Agreement, including matters relating to quality, safety, environment, and life cycle performance, such as Project’s ECO Plan, Health and Safety Plan, and all applicable legislation.
- Review and understand project schedule.
- Proactively manage compliance with project schedule, budget and procedures
- Oversees and facilitates the installation of equipment and components for a project to ensure contractors are fulfilling all obligations and that work is carried out according to approved contracts, specifications, and schedules.
- Serves as a liaison with project management reporting on inspections, subcontracting, progress, and delays.
- Participates in project meetings and facilitates regularly-scheduled meetings related to BIM execution and deliverables for the project.
- Supports integration of project data such as but not limited to schedule, estimate, documentation, cost reports and performance data etc.
- Interpret designs and drawings for technicians
- Track RFIs, Shop Drawings, As-built drawings and other project documents.
- Proactively identifies and works to resolve any site issues that may impede the project delivery.
- Provides technical knowledge and input to assist installing contactors.
Demonstrated understanding of basic engineering and construction concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, (Structural) Construction Management or similar field from an Accredited Institution.
- 2-5 years of demonstrated self-performing experience in the construction field, on large, complex, heavy civil transportation projects (Road & Highways, Bridge & Tunnel or Rail & Transit, Large buildings).
Experience in relevant infrastructure BIM applications. Experience with 3D, 4D models.
- Strong communication skills and ability to identify and resolve complex issues.
- Ability to work in a cost effective, customer focused, team-based environment.
- Effective team participation and ability to coordinate work of drafters.
- Previous experience in heavy civil infrastructure projects is a specific asset.
Colas Canada Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Colas Canada Inc. employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.