Community Health Resource Nurse (RN AAP)
MLTC was created by nine First Nations located in north-west Saskatchewan who have constitutionally recognized aboriginal rights and Treaty Rights under Treaties #6, #8 and #10. The primary purpose of MLTC is to serve those First Nations in their aspirations for cultural, economic and political autonomy. As a private sector employer engaged primarily in promoting and serving the interests of the member First Nations, MLTC asserts its right to provide preferential treatment to First Nations people, giving them priority in decisions on employment matters such as hiring, and this can extend to measures such as opening competitions only to First Nations people.
- This competition is open to all applicants; and
- Preference will be given to qualified First Nations applicants or other Indigenous applicants who self-declare as being a First Nations person or of other Indigenous ancestry;
The MLTC Nursing Department is seeking highly motivated individual to fill one (1) full time, permanent position of Community Health Resource Nurse (RN AAP);
The Community Health Resource Nurse (RN AAP) position will provide Human Resource support to a specific MLTC First Nation community as per assignment. When there is a need, you will travel to various MLTC First Nation communities to work in an expanded scope of practice to provide primary care, public health, health promotion, and emergency care, including after hours on-call care. You will provide services in various settings such as home, school, and clinic.
- Bachelor Degree in Nursing with other equivalencies or related experiences such as a certificate in Public Health, and Health Canada clinical skills course.
- Registered with the College of Registered Nurses of Saskatchewan (CRNS) RN with AAP designation.
- Advance Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Pediatric Advance Life Support (PALS), International Trauma Lift Support (ITLS), Basic Life Support (BLS-C) or Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC) are mandatory
- Basic CPR and annual re-certification required to maintain skill level
- Ability to speak/understand Cree/Dene is considered a valuable asset.
When you travel to the MLTC FNs you can expect Standby/On-Call pay and travel time.
MLTC also offers professional development allowances, retention allowances, a comprehensive benefit plan including Dental, Extended Health, Sick Leave and a pension match plan
Interested applicants are invited to submit: A letter of application; resume stating qualifications and employment history; copies of credentials; current RCMP Security Clearance/Vulnerable Sector Check; a copy of valid driver’s license; and a list of three (3) recent professional supervisory references to:
Human Resource Department
8003 Flying Dust Reserve
MEADOW LAKE, SK S9X 1T8
Phone: (306) 236-5654 Fax: (306) 236-3509
For more information, please contact, Girija Nair, Nursing Program Director at (306) 236-5817 or visit the MLTC website at www.mltc.net
Deadline: Open Deadline
MLTC sincerely appreciates and thanks all individuals for their applications, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $95,000.00-$131,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
- Retention bonus
Work Location: In person