Do you want to be a part of something meaningful to the lives of others? Every day REDI’s team of over 230 employees develops and delivers meaningful programs, supports and advocacy for persons with disabilities. Founded in 1952, REDI Enterprises Society is the driving force behind the movement to build a community where everyone belongs. This is not just a marketing catchphrase. It is a fundamental belief, and heartfelt mission on the part of all of us who workday in and day out to move our community closer to that goal.
REDI Enterprises is currently seeking a permanent, full-time (37.5 hours/week), Job Developer with wage range of $23.00 to $30.00 per hour plus generous benefit package.The Job Developer identifies and recruits potential employers, develops strategies to increase employment opportunities and establish and maintain positive relationships with employers in a variety of industries, for the purpose of generating and maintaining job placement opportunities for participants in REDI’s employment programs.
Working with REDI Job Coaches, the Job Developer helps to match client’s transferable skills and interests with available job opportunities; develops accommodation plans with employers and assists in monitoring program participants on-the-job to help ensure successful outcomes, and mediate issues that arise, as needed.
Promotes available supports, services and programs to the community and other service providers through networking, presentations, conferences, attendance at job fairs and other business events. Promotes the benefits and available employment support services to potential employers.
· Between six months and two years of direct service experience in job development, community outreach, business development and/or job coaching, or work experience that is directly transferrable to the position is required.
· College diploma or university degree in business, marketing, or related field is preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
· Ability to effectively apply principles of the marketing and relationship-building processes to generate job leads and secure positions for participants of the program.
· Knowledge of current labour market trends in southeast Alberta considered an asset.
· Be a self-starter with a high degree of initiative, flexibility, and professionalism with willingness to occasionally work outside of normal business hours.
· Ability to maintain sensitive information, exhibit tact, diplomacy, and good judgment, with high standards of professionalism, ethics, and confidentiality.
· A positive attitude and belief that persons with disabilities have the right and responsibility to define and act on their life choices and seek active participation in the community.
· An understanding of the opportunities and options available to persons with disabilities, mindful of cultural and ethnic sensitivity.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), including Teams and SharePoint. Must possess aptitude and willingness to learn and work with new online systems and technologies.
· Valid Class 5 Alberta Driver’s license, access to a vehicle with $2 million liability insurance.
· Criminal record and Vulnerable Sector Check.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $23.00-$30.00 per hour
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Work Location: In person