What we offer?
Veoneer Safety Systems is the world leader in Automotive Electronic Safety Systems. Veoneer’s scalable, best-in-class restraint control systems are mitigating the effects of a car crash. To date, we have delivered more than 1 billion devices to car manufacturers globally.
Veoneer Safety Systems has an international and collaborative team of 2,700 employees in 11 countries. Veoneer develops cutting-edge technology for the Future Car. We empower our people and are dedicated to their professional development and growth.
Occupant safety systems rely on active sensors and microprocessors to trigger pre-crash and in-crash occupant protection (such as tightening safety belts and deploy airbags) when it judges a collision is inevitable. Critical crash information is sent over e-call to emergency services and recorded for post-crash analysis.
Veoneer Safety Systems – Saving Lives Every Day.
What you'll do
- Lead SMT engineering team through the continuous improvement process to optimize quality and cost of operations.
- SMT capacity planning, resource and capital expenditure planning.
- Oversee launch of new products in SMT: new line commissioning, line setup, tooling design, execution of Prototype and PV builds, builds results and action tracking to closure.
- Ensure adherence to the Veoneer Safety Quality Delivery Cost Morale (SQDCM) process.
- Work with production and maintenance departments to ensure tools and documentation are available and up to date.
- Coach SMT engineering team, promote collaboration and standardization
- Manage Yokoten and lessons learned implementation
- Support team through the 8D problem solving process and quality reactions.
- Support One Product One Process (1P1P) activities through the Global Process Development organization.
What you'll bring
- Electrical or Mechanical Engineering Degree with 5-7 years of relevant work experience.
- 1-3 years previous experience managing a team is preferred.
- Electronics manufacturing experience is preferred.
- Experience with project management.
- Strong background with problem solving techniques.
- Familiarity with TS16949 and ISO14001.
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as strong written and verbal communication skills.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Veoneer is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. Accommodations may be made available upon request from candidates throughout the hiring process.