Make a difference in a growing, innovative mental health organization and centre of excellence in people-centered care. Work with supportive colleagues who are passionate about improving lives and champions for quality and continuous learning.
As an Occupational Therapist, Homewood Clinics, you will be an integral part of a collaborative team focused on delivering seamless services and programs to our clients and customers. If you are looking for a company that is constantly moving forward in pursuit of successful outcomes, get ready to love it here!
New grads are welcome to apply, we are willing to provide supervision as needed!
We are willing to consider part-time (0.6 FTE or 25 hours/week) interest in the position as well.
What you’ll be doing:
- Conduct comprehensive assessments according to Occupational Therapy best practice framework and the program model
- Select, administer and analyze assessment results through individual and/or group protocols
- Use appropriate standardized and non-standardized assessment tools which include occupational performance areas of self-care, productivity and leisure
- Incorporate the client domains representative of physical, emotional, cognitive and spiritual aspects of functioning
- Contribute to interdisciplinary team functioning and understanding of client(s)
- Integrate return to work perspectives into all work with clients
- Deliver evidence based mental health, addiction and trauma treatment in individual and group settings
- Provide mental health, addiction and trauma clinical assessments, case reviews, treatment planning, therapeutic interventions and discharge planning
- Deliver psycho-educational skill-building sessions for clients
- Collaborate with colleagues across services including Homewood Clinics, Disability Prevention Services, Return to Work, Homewood Health Centre, Homewood Research Institute and other interdisciplinary team members
- Provide some evening hours to support the recovery management groups
What we’re looking for:
- Master of Science or Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Therapy
- Experience within Mental Health & Addictions, group and individual psychotherapy
- Membership with the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario is required
- Knowledge of standardized and non-standardized assessments and concurrent addiction disorders
- 3-5 years’ experience treating concurrent psychological and substance use disorders
- Assessment of group dynamic and facilitation skills for group therapy
- Training and experience with CBT, CPT, DBT, wellness education, trauma specific treatment modalities, psychosocial rehabilitation and recovery model
- Knowledge of the Mental Health Act, PHIPA, and the Health Care Consent ACT
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, French language skills would be an asset
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Awareness and acknowledgement of the value of using measurement-based care when supporting patients/clients to help guide clinical decision-making
Why work with us
Homewood Health is Canada’s largest and leading service provider for medically focused, evidence-based treatment of mental health and addiction disorders. Our organizational culture values service excellence, integrity, collaboration and innovation. Our people make a difference!
As an equal opportunity employer, Homewood Health is committed to employment accessibility, diversity, equity and inclusion. For this reason, we encourage applications from members of equity-seeking groups including women, racialized and indigenous communities, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities/expressions.
Join us at Homewood Health™ and be part of a diverse team helping Canadians live healthier, more productive and fulfilling lives.