We are currently seeking a temporary, part-time, Opportunities for Change Group Facilitator. Opportunities for Change (OFC) is the Wood Buffalo region’s Alberta Provincial Family Violence Treatment Program (PFVTP) for individuals mandated by the courts to attend after being charged with a domestic violence offence. OFC is a 15-week, psycho-educational program for all genders. OFC provides both virtual and in-person group programming and one-on-one support, with supplementary information, resources, and support on-line. Under the supervision of the OFC Program Manager, this position provides support and education primarily in the format of group facilitation. Participants are provided with supportive information on issues including abuse, self-esteem, communication, anger management, and self-care.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Promote a positive and healthy environment for participants by acting as a caring and professional role model.
· Facilitate program for mandated and non-mandated participants.
· Facilitate groups and deal with the group dynamics associated with offender groups.
· Provide support to participants in a confident, skillful, and sensitive manner.
· Provide appropriate information and referrals to participants.
· Maintain accurate program attendance records and complete statistical information forms.
· Collect updated information in video, book, and other print forms to accommodate all topics provided in the program.
· Other related duties as assigned by the Program Manager.
· Degree in Social Work, Human Services, Social Sciences or Education.
· 2 years related working experience.
· RCMP Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector checks.
· Valid Alberta Driver’s License.
· Standard First Aid and Level “C” CPR.
· Suicide Prevention Certificate (ASIST).
· Strong interpersonal, communication, organization, and critical thinking skills.
· Knowledge of community resources. Ability to network with other community organizations.
· Comprehensive knowledge of the topic of family violence and abuse.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
· The wage for this part-time position is $32.00 per hour, plus a living allowance of $6.40 per hour worked to a maximum of $240 bi-weekly.
· There is also 4% vacation pay, paid out bi-weekly, in lieu of vacation days off.
· 79 wellness hours per year.
· Maximum of 18 hours per week.
· This position requires mostly evening hours.
· Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
· This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Job Types: Temporary, Part-time
Contract length: 12 months
Part-time hours: 18 per week
Salary: $32.00 per hour
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person