We are currently seeking a casual Life Skills Worker to join our team at Braemore Lodge in Penticton, B.C.
What we offer:
What will you work on?
- Competitive salary and an attractive remuneration package
- Career Growth
- Employer paid training/education
- Employer paid vacation starting at 4 weeks (20 days) (Permanent positions only)
- Medical Service Plan
- Employer paid insurance premiums
- Extended Health & Dental coverage
- Contribution to Municipal Pension Plan
- Balanced lifestyle
Life Skills Workers play an important role in care. They plan, observe, monitor and report on clients’ progress and level of acceptance to services and support.
They assist clients with activities associated with daily living and work to demonstrate and model appropriate behaviors related to problem solving and decision making. Life Skills Workers provide structured support to help develop and maintain life skills related to:
- time management
- money management, budgeting skills, how to access funds and other forms of available assistance
- organization and interpersonal communication
- personal care
- household management
- menu planning, grocery shopping, meal preparation and
- community access
Shift types are days, evenings and nights and shift times are from 07:00 to 15:00, 15:00 to 23:00, 23:00 to 07:00, 07:00 to 19:00, 19:00 to 07:00 hours.
How will you create an impact?
Joining our IH team will allow you to challenge yourself professionally while enjoying all the personal pursuits available to you within this fantastic community.
Reasons to Apply at Interior Health... What we can do for you
We offer a work environment conducive to growth and development of strong clinical skills. The opportunity to have a balanced lifestyle that allows you to maintain the quality of life you desire.
If this opportunity is aligned with your education, training and passion for mental health, we want to hear from you. Come live, work and play where others only vacation. Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Education, Training and Experience:
As part of your application, please ensure to:
- Grade 12
- Certificate in a field relevant to the position (i.e.: community social services, rehabilitation)
- One year recent related experience working with individuals experiencing mental health and substance use problems; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Valid certificates in CPR, First Aid and Food Safe required
- Current valid B.C. Driver’s License
- Upload your resume, cover letter (if Out of Province indicate if you are relocating to the area and when)
- Upload a copy of your Diploma/Certificate
- Upload copies of your valid CPR, First Aid and Food Safe Certificates
- Upload copy of your Driver’s License