Next Step Residential Services Ltd. was incorporated in August 1995, and provides services to individuals in Medicine Hat, Brooks, and surrounding areas. We serve over 100 individuals requiring full or part time services. We employ over 150 staff of qualified leaders, who possess strong educational backgrounds and hands-on experience in disability services.
Empowering people with disabilities by encouraging independence, a meaningful community presence, and an enriched quality of life.
We envision a community where all people are accepted for their abilities.
At Next Step, we provide a full line of services to assist people with disabilities. Residential programs, community access program, employment support, support and respite contracted homes, and paid companionship options are available to adults in Medicine Hat and Brooks.
Next Step's Mission: Empowering people with disabilities by encouraging independence, a meaningful community presence, and an enriched quality of life.
Our Medicine Hat Office is looking for a new addition to our management team. The Program Coordinator in Medicine Hat is responsible for managing the development and delivery of programs and services offered by the organization, this includes participating in the development of operational plans, implementing and developing support plans and services to meet individual needs, creating and submitting proposals, providing leadership and supporting staff by providing training and evaluations to ensure they are properly and efficiently delivering services.
The Program Coordinator role includes but is not limited to:
- Organize case conferences for Individuals on the caseload
- Maintaining timely communication with guardians, Individuals, staff, community representatives and other agencies
- Organize meetings to discuss issues as required by staff and Individuals on the caseload
- Renewing Support Home and Respite Home contracts on an annual basis
- Assisting with Financial Management
- Maintain appropriate documentation and records
- Attending management meetings and other applicable meetings to support others with questions on programming or behavioral strategies
- Training, Orientating and Evaluating of new staff
- Follow and adhere to Health and Safety Policies and Procedures
- Participation in the on-call rotation
Educational and Experience Requirements:
Diploma/Degree in the Human Services field, Social Work or equivalent; Foundations in Community Disability Studies Certificate; Mental Health First Aid Certificate and ASSIST/SafeTalk Certificate considered an asset; Equivalent knowledge and experience are considered upon application.
Required minimum of three years experience in the human services field; Previous supervisory experience required and ability to coordinate and lead a team; Previous experience with people with disabilities.
Skills and Attributes considered an asset:
- Strong problem-solving skills on complex and diverse issues
- Solid conflict resolution and leadership skills
- Critical thinking
- Ability to think on your feet
- Positive Work Environment
- In-house training for professional growth
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Case management: 3 years (preferred)
- Class 5 Licence (preferred)
- clear criminal check with vulnerable sector (preferred)
Work Location: In person