Senior Manager, PMO & Engineering (Capital Projects)
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF ROLE:
Reporting to the Vice President, Engineering & Technical Systems; this role is accountable for the successful program management of multiple projects and resources to meet the strategic and tactical objectives of the organization. The individual will be work closely with cross-function leaders, senior business leaders, stakeholders and engineers to ensure effective development, priority setting, management and reporting of the project portfolio. This individual will also be responsible for the development, control and management of the Sofina Engineering Standards and Systems for capital management and project execution. The incumbent will be a member of Engineering Leadership Team.
- Manage multiple projects and resources through the project management life cycle while meeting the PMO stage-gate process
- Ensure project deliverables meet timelines, scope and budget in accordance with Sofina’s management methodologies and best practices.
- Provide project and portfolio reporting to Project Champions, Steering Committees and Stakeholders
- Develop and maintain project documents such as project charters, integrated project plans, resource planning, issue/risk tracking, and project management governance documents
- Manage and maintain the AFE submission and approval process for capital projects.
- Develop, manage and maintain the Engineering Standards and Sharepoint site.
- Coach, mentor and train on the Sofina Project Management Standards
- Responsible for all engineering reporting and tracking within the department and to senior leaders and stakeholders.
- 7 years project management experience
- Engineering degree
- Certified PMP
- 5 years experience delivering large, complex initiatives ideally within the food processing industry preffered
- Demonstrated experience leading cross-functional project teams in complex, multi-stakeholder environments.
- Demonstrated track record of project delivery within approved plan, scope and budget
- Excellent communication skills and proven ability to develop reports and make presentations to both non-technical and executive audiences.
- Expert skills in MS Office products including including Sharepoint, and Projects.
KEY BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES
- Strong organization and project management skills
- Negotiating skills
- Problem solving skills with root cause analysis experience
- Ability to manage at all levels within the organization