Xerxes HydroChain stormwater management systems provides a portfolio of products used for stormwater management such as pipes, treatment devices, and underground detention systems. Our team seeks an experienced, team-oriented stormwater engineer to drive growth in this market.
You will collaborate with engineers on stormwater product development, support technical improvements, and design engineering systems for Mattr's HydroChain products. Additionally, you will work closely with the Sales Engineering Team to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and industry standards, assisting with approvals on various levels. This role spans a variety of projects, including hands-on research, problem-solving, effective communication, teamwork, and risk management.
The position qualifies for a hybrid remote work schedule.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sales technical support, including responding to sales and customer requests.
- Creation and revision of product standard details.
- Structural and geotechnical evaluation of underground detention products.
- Performance evaluation of stormwater treatment products.
- Assist with writing technical reports and memos for both internal and external distribution. For example, manuals, O&M, calculation sheets.
- Support in product qualifications including analysis, testing, and documentation.
- Assistance with product application processes, design, material quantities, and templates.
- CAD template improvements.
- Non-conformance investigation, resolution, and reporting.
- Assist with agency certification requirements of HydroChain products
- Determining project requirements through product design study, customer needs, and performance standards.
- Developing stormwater system layouts based on project reports, geotechnical data, and local requirements, overseeing product designs for civil plans.
- Lead the development of a design team and deliver a value proposition with technical sales acumen
- Coordinate with sales engineers to drive revenue growth.
- Collaborate with various departments to resolve project obstacles or roadblocks.
Business/Strategic planning and communications
- Establish technical goals within broad outlines provided by top management.
- Assist in the evaluation for product advancement.
- Prepare and drive implementation of action plans for selected products/systems/ solutions.
- Provide project details to leadership for assessing high-value, impactful, and strategically aligned projects.
- Support engineering integration of potential acquisitions and international market development as requested.
- Create future project strategies aligned with company objectives and resources.
- Degree in Civil or Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of 2-5 years of relevant experience encompassing civil engineering, technical project management, and effective problem-solving.
- Demonstrated ability to strategically plan and proficiently manage projects within a collaborative team environment.
- Professional work experience in stormwater management design, including a strong grasp of industry standards and regulatory requirements.
- Proficiency in working with stormwater management products and their specifications.
- Proven expertise in hydrological and hydraulic modeling.
- Proficiency in using AutoCAD and SolidWorks software.
- Familiarity with land development, construction plans, and the associated permitting processes.
- Experience with product installation, operation, and maintenance procedures.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Please state your salary expectations
- Do you have a minimum of 2-5 years of experience working with stormwater management products and expertise with hydrological and hydraulic modeling?
- Are you legally authorized to work in Canada without the need for sponsorship now or in the future?
Work Location: In person