This position is to fill for a maternity leave.
Oak Hill Ranch is an accredited campus-based treatment facility with a designation in Intensive Treatment. With the support of Children and Family services, family and other healthy support networks, we strive to create a therapeutic environment that assists in the young person’s growth and development. We offer services to youth between the ages of 9-16 years of age who present various behavioral and emotional challenges. Oak Hill Ranch is located ½ mile south of the town of Bon Accord (20 min. N of Edmonton).
· This position is full-time temporary to cover a maternity leave with a salary range $56, 000-$61, 000. The schedule is created and adjusted to meet the needs of the families, which includes early-evening and weekend shifts.
Key Responsibilities: *NOTE* This is not a comprehensive list of the job description, but an overall understanding of the position of Family Support Worker.
· The Family Support Worker (FSW) is responsible for planning, developing, implementing, coordinating and evaluating the delivery of Family Support Services to families with young people receiving services from Oak Hill Ranch.
· The FSW provides leadership and case management support to the Case Management team that will serve to optimize the relationship between the young person and their family.
· The FSW is also responsible for the provision of in-home support, on ranch support and community support within the scope of the organizational resources.
· The FSW also provides consultant services to staff and assists in the coordination of service to families of the youth we serve.
· Develop and maintain positive working relationships with Children’s Services through ongoing communication and being responsive and competent in daily practice and service planning.
· Plans and coordinates regular family day activities.
· Develops and facilitates parent groups that meet the needs of families receiving services.
· FSW will provide family support services up to one year following discharge of the young person.
Qualifications and Professional Experience:
· Diploma/Degree in Human Services, preference given to Child and Youth Care and Social Work disciplines.
· Minimum 3 (three) years’ experience working with high-risk youth with family support work.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
· Effective time management skills.
· Experience & knowledge in First Nations culture is an asset.
· Valid driver’s license and able to provide a clear 3-year drivers abstract.
· Standard 1st Aid (level C), ASIST Suicide Certificate(s) are an asset; however, courses are offered after commencement.
· Police Security Clearance, Intervention Record Check and a clean driver’s abstract are conditions of employment and the financial responsibility of the candidate.
· Fully vaccinated against COVID-19
Thank you for your interest in Oak Hill Ranch. We only contact candidates who are selected for interviews.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $56,000.00-$61,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Evening shift
- Morning shift
- On call
- Weekends as needed
Work Location: In person