Are you a Municipal/Water Engineer with a focus on infrastructure design and construction (water, wastewater, stormwater)? Are you looking to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team of professional engineers and technologists, on a variety of projects across Western Canada? If so, we want to hear from you!
A Little About Us
At ISL, we share an enthusiasm for community infrastructure. From planning through to design and construction administration, we create nimble teams to tackle the unique requirements of every project. Our technical expertise encompasses transportation, land use planning, civil engineering, municipal, landscape architecture, environmental management, water, structural, community engagement, geomatics, construction services and 3D visualization. Just the right size, ISL delivers on complex projects while being small enough to maintain strong, cohesive project teams and personal client attention and service.
ISL’s Edmonton Linear Infrastructure Team is part of the larger Water Team which is made up of 27 individuals who have close working relationships centered around water, wastewater, and stormwater infrastructure projects. We have expertise in water and wastewater treatment, pumping stations and reservoirs, linear infrastructure for collection and distribution and of course water system planning.
- Our team in truly client centric - we provide outstanding care and attention to our clients to earn the right to become their trusted advisors
- We are subject matter experts yet make the time and space to grow our skillset
- We have a young and talented team of rising stars who work independently and in groups
- We are part of a larger and very dynamic team – we collaborate, learn from each other, and come up with innovative solutions as a team
A Little About You
Your cover letter must demonstrate:
Your resume should show us:
- Experience in concept preliminary and/ or detailed design of municipal systems including water, wastewater, and storm water systems
- How you collaborate in a remote and hybrid work environment
- Field experience related to the construction of municipal projects
- Familiarity with design tools such as Civil 3D, and hydraulic modeling software
Bonus points for:
- E.I.T. or P.Eng. designation with registration or eligibility to register with APEGA
- 4+ years planning and design experience in water, wastewater and stormwater municipal systems including LID
- Experience working on multi-disciplinary projects
- Design experience, specifically with water distribution, wastewater collection, and stormwater drainage systems
- Business development and proposal writing experience
- Experience in the Edmonton market
- Hands on wastewater collection and stormwater drainage system design experience
- Familiarity with Civil 3D and other design/drafting software
- Experience with Mike Urban, PCSWMM, Info Works and other urban drainage system models
A Little More About the Role
The ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic and a commitment to quality, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to effectively liaise with clients.
While no two days look the same, you can expect to support activities including:
- Planning, analysis, and design of urban hydraulic systems, of both new and rehabilitation infrastructure
- Design of water, sewer and storm systems
- Grading designs for surface drainage works and roadways
- Cost estimation for municipal upgrade and rehabilitation projects
- Hydrologic and hydraulic modeling of complex urban drainage systems using state of the art software such as MIKE URBAN, InfoWorks ICM, XP-SWMM, PCSWMM, InfoSWMM, and InfoSewer
- Utility coordination and preparation of crossing agreements
- Preparation of engineering reports, documents, and drawings
- Preparation of proposals in response to RFPs
- Following quality procedures for drawings and reports
- Preparation of procurement documents including specifications
- Coordination of tendering processes
- Contract administration of projects during construction
At ISL, we share an enthusiasm for community infrastructure. From planning through to design and construction management, we create nimble teams to tackle the unique requirements of every project. Our technical expertise encompasses transportation, land use planning, civil engineering, municipal, landscape architecture, heritage services, environmental management, water, structural, community engagement, geomatics, construction services and 3D visualization. Just the right size, ISL delivers on complex projects while being small enough to maintain strong, cohesive project teams and personal client attention and service.
At ISL your identity is part of our identity. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) speaks to our core values and provides space for our teams to bring their authentic selves to work. ISL believes DEI creates the best outcomes for our clients while sustaining a happy and thriving work environment that allows for career development and opportunities for all staff. ISL is committed to a focused effort on continuous improvement and development of a respectful and safe workplace.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position. Only those who will be selected for an interview will be contacted.