We are a well-established Family Medical Clinic located in the SW of Calgary. We are looking to add a part-time Medical Office Assistant (MOA) to our team. We are seeking a hardworking individual who can work under pressure in a multi-disciplinary environment.
The job will include supporting our physicians and team with the goal to provide exceptional patient care and costumer service.
MEDICAL OFFICE ASSISTANT DUTIES:
- Greet patients and visitors, in person and on the telephone
- Address inquires efficiently and appropriately from patients and physicians
- Schedule patient appointments, register new patients, update patient EMR record accurately
- Room patients and clean rooms before/after each visit, set up for produces when required
- Sort faxes and respond to emails
- Process bills and take payments
- Fax and scan documentation
- Maintain well organized patients’ charts, attach incoming results/information to charts
- Maintain compliance with dress codes, clinic policies and operational practices
- Perform other duties as required as per physicians
- Maintain information confidentiality at all times
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Customer service focus with strong communication skills
- Detail oriented with exceptional problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to handle frequent interruptions.
- Experience with MedAccess EMR an asset
- Ukrainian as a second language considered an asset
Only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 21 - 28 per week
Salary: From $17.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Calgary, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Dental receptionist: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person