Process Engineer - Water - ( 2300017Z )
Many of the world’s top engineers and scientists come together in our Water business because they view a community’s interaction with water a bit differently—as a single holistic system, rather than unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. Working throughout the hydrologic cycle, we are delivering sustainable solutions to make sure water is where it should be and available when needed. Our experts guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. Every day, we help communities improve, reuse, and protect this precious resource for future generations. By 2025 we’re hiring 2,000 people (like you) to join our team. Grow with us, H2O+U
Stantec's growing Water practice is seeking a highly motivated Process Engineer with mechanical experience to join our team.
The role of a Process Engineer is to work independently on smaller projects and as a team member on larger projects under the guidance of a senior engineer/designer. You should be able to evaluate, select, specify, and engineer systems or products for a project, and will perform a variety of tasks which may include calculations, design sketches and concepts, report preparation and field work. Projects assigned may be broad, varied and diverse in scope. You will analyze proposed projects to ensure structural reliability, resource efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Performs more complex engineering design tasks on assigned water and/or wastewater-related projects under the guidance of a Design Manager or Project Manager, including engineering calculations, engineering drawings, engineering reports, client presentations and required applications to regulatory and/or funding agencies
- Engages in the development of a design through sketches, electronic models, diagrams, and other visual formats.
- Assists senior engineers/designers with developing and managing the project scope, budget, staffing, and schedule.
- May lead the preparation and coordination of the project specifications with construction documents.
- Conducts quality assurance and quality control on own products and facilitates independent technical review of projects.
- Reviews contractor/vendor submittals for adherence to Contract Documents and industry standards.
- Assists with the management of the design and construction of projects.
- Involved in the permitting process of projects, which may require meeting with clients, contractors, interested stakeholder parties, reviewing agency personnel.
- Coordinates with the regulatory review to seek final approval.
- Assists in the development and updates of project design standards and guidelines; prepares abstracts and technical papers.
- May be called upon to be a task leader on larger projects.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to perform hydraulic calculations.
- General understanding of all phases of project document production, client procurement procedures, and regulatory approval processes.
- Ability to participate and collaborate in project team setting and to engage in creative and critical thought.
- Ability to effectively discuss project issues with clients, contractors, equipment suppliers/vendors, funding agencies and reviewing agencies; to deliver technical presentations in public forums in conferences and technical symposia.
- Possesses excellent time-management skills; thorough understanding of task assignment and schedule, budgeting and efficient use of time and available resources.
- Understanding of local and regional jurisdictional codes, legal and design requirements in relevant jurisdictions.
- Proficient in Microsoft (MS) Office Suite and Adobe.
- Proficient in relevant 2D (Autodesk) design software, AutoCAD, Civil3D. Experience with other software, such as Fathom, PondKing, StomCAD, InfoWORKS, WaterCAD, ROSA, Biowin, GPS-X and HADES is a plus.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Civil, Mechanical, Chemical, or Civil/Environmental Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 5-8 years of experience.
- May be working toward licensure.
Typical office environment working with computers and working at a desk for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather. Hybrid work is currently in place with a mix of office and work from home.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-British Columbia-Burnaby
Organization : BC-1117 Water-CA British Columbia
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Oct 12, 2023, 3:55:00 PM
Req ID: 2300017Z
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans