A New Tomorrow Treatment Solutions LTD provides in-patient addiction treatment for adults and youth in Kamloops, BC.
We are seeking applicants with extensive experience in mental health and substance use as well as knowledge and experience in developmental disabilities. The Social Worker will work collaboratively within the client care system, advocating for and representing the client as they progress through the program. The Social Worker develops and implements the treatment plan addressing the specific needs of each client. The Social Worker engages in and oversees preadmission, waitlist, internal programming, and discharge processes for individual clients. The Social Worker acts as a referral to other agencies such as medical clinics, education, and other community-based agencies to support mental, physical, social, emotional, and spiritual client needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work
- Current Social Work Registration
- Current valid B.C. driver's license and access to reliable vehicle.
- Demonstrated knowledge of addiction treatment modalities
- Experience working with BC First Nations organizations and communities.
- Knowledge of the health and wellness governance landscape in First Nations' health in BC, particularly relative to mental wellness.
- Knowledge of theories, practices and principles relative to mental wellness, suicide prevention, and mental health emergency response, particularly relative to First Nations in BC, including the current programs and services available.
- Knowledge of Aboriginal/First Nations mental wellness health system needs, including mental health and wellness issues that face BC First Nations.
- Knowledge of, and ability to apply, an understanding of First Nations cultural principles and protocols and ability to manage conflict in a respectful and culturally relevant and safe manner
Skills and Abilities:
Assessment, Treatment and Goals: Demonstrated ability to provide individual and group therapies, using various applied treatment modalities to address addiction challenges. Developing an addictions treatment plan, documenting client progress, and working collaboratively with a team of professionals to support client recovery. Protect the integrity of the treatment process, including always maintaining professional relationships and confidentiality. Ensure full inclusion of the client’s family, informal social supports, and care team as appropriate and directed by the client. Support the client in their endeavour of gaining treatment, educational, career and life goals.
Communication: Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with clients, families, the public, medical staff and members of the interdisciplinary team using verbal, written, computer communication means. Ability to effectively apply conflict resolution skills. Critical Thinking: Demonstrated ability to integrate and evaluate pertinent data (from multiple sources) to problem-solve and make decisions effectively. Applies the problem-solving process demonstrating critical thinking and decision-making skills using a systems approach. Human Caring and Relationship Centered Practice: Ability to promote client-focused care that demonstrates care for and with clients and significant others, sensitivity to diverse cultures and preferences, client advocacy and social justice concerns.
Teamwork: Demonstrated ability to foster teamwork and a commitment to excellence in the provision of client care. Equipment: Demonstrated computer skills including the use of Meditech and Windows based programs. Ability to operate other related equipment as required in the specific practice area. Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Wage Range Competitive rate based on Experience & Education
Extended health benefits
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact:
Clinical Services Manger
Jennifer Broughton 778 694 4342
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $28.00-$40.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- On-site parking
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- Social Work: 3 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person