Delco Security is growing, and we are looking to build our Ontario team! We are currently hiring for the position of Security Systems Technician in Toronto.
Delco Perks & Benefits
- Retirement Support: We provide every full-time permanent employee with RRSP matching for their long term plans.
- Health & Wellness: Staying healthy is important; we provide health, dental, life, and disability insurance, along with our employee assistance program.
- Development Opportunities: We value our employee career development by offering professional support, training reimbursement program, Lunch n' Learns, etc.
- Social: We enjoy getting together at various company events.
- Culture: Come join our innovative, collaborative, and energetic environment.
- Flexibility: We try to accommodate real-life as much as possible and know that work is just a part of our daily lives.
- Installation and service of IP based and analog CCTV (Genetec, Milestone, Avigilon).
- Installation and service of Access Control systems (CCURE, Kantech, Genetec, Avigilon).
- Installation and service of Nurse Call systems (Ascom).
- Deploy Windows operating systems and applications (SQL, Microsoft Server, Management Studio, Server Manager) on servers and workstation.
- Installation and programming of networking hardware (i.e., switch, routers, WA, etc.)
- Lead various projects day-to-day, working under the assigned Project Manager
- Review and interpret electrical drawings.
- General housekeeping of work area.
- Compliance of Delco Security Health and Safety program.
- Documentation of “As Built” changes to installation design.
- Use the Delco Nucleus application time sheet module (training provided).
- Out-of-town travel.
- High school diploma
- Minimum 3 years of experience installing emergency communications/security systems such as CCTV and access systems.
- Eligibility for PWGSC security clearance.
- Have a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to work independently as well in a group environment.
- Strong computer and networking skills required as well as strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills.
- Good analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfortable working in correctional and law enforcement environments.
- Electronics, networking or security certification from an accredited organization.
- Technical certifications from major Access, Control, Nurse Call, or Video Management platforms.
- Combination of entry-level project management accreditation and technical work experience.
- PWGSC Secret Level II Clearance.
- Experience with MS Excel, Word, and Outlook.
Delco Security, a division of Delco Automation Inc., is a premiere integrator of security, life-safety, and information systems. As a Canadian company, we are proud to service customers from offices across Canada, focusing on medium to large-scale projects. We take an extremely flexible approach with our ability to build on existing solutions and custom design new solutions to fit our customers’ needs. Our main goal is to deliver a straightforward system integration experience while making our client’ needs a harmonized reality.
Delco Security is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you require assistance or accommodation with your application, please contact us.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $35.00-$45.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
- In 50-100 words, please explain your experience in installing or maintaining video surveillance, card access, and/or intrusion systems.
- installing and maintaining security systems: 3 years (required)
- driver's license (required)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: On the road