Neighbourly Pharmacy is Canada's largest and fastest-growing network of community pharmacies is now accepting applicants for a full-time Pharmacy Technician to join the clinical team at the Family Pharmacy in Lloydminster, AB.
We are looking for a candidate who will work to full scope of practice, exercise professional judgment and be able to recognize when the clinical expertise of a pharmacist is required.
Neighbourly Pharmacy is proud to offer sign-on bonus, RRSP matching, comprehensive benefit package and so much more!
Reporting to the Pharmacy Manager, and under the supervision of a pharmacist, the Pharmacy Technician will provide excellence in patient-centered care by ensuring patient safety and quality of product preparation and release. The Pharmacy Technician will work in collaboration with the pharmacists and other health care professionals.
- The Pharmacy Technician will focus on the technical aspects of a prescription including product preparation and distribution
- Perform a final check on filled prescriptions before the release of product
- · Compound sterile and non-sterile products
- · Methadone dosing preparation
- · Transfer to and receive prescriptions from prescribers, and other pharmacists/pharmacy technicians
- · Provide education on health aids and devices
- · Point of care testing and device training
- Inventory management, including participating in cycle counts, narcotic counts, inventory discrepancy investigation, and ordering functions
- Perform administration functions, such as documentation, third-party billing reconciliations, and completing required audits
- Participate in and promote patient safety initiatives
- Maintain the cleanliness, functionality, and integrity of compounding, packaging, dispensing, and storage equipment
- Participate in continuing professional development
- Check and accept responsibility for the work of pharmacy assistants employed in the pharmacy
- Ensure the accuracy of drug and personal health information in patient records, while maintaining patient confidentiality and following legal/regulatory conditions
- Other duties as assigned by the Pharmacy Manager
Qualifications & Skills:
- Licensed and in good standing with the Alberta College of Pharmacy
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Able to work independently as well as with a team
- Professional attitude and ability to communicate well with customers and co-workers
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
Neighbourly Pharmacy is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to deliver accessibility and equality to all job applicants, staff, and our customers. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $27.00-$36.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- Vision care
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Lloydminster, AB T9V 2P7: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Pharmacy technician: 1 year (preferred)
- Alberta Pharmacy Technician License (required)
Work Location: In person