Our mission is to Build Cool Shi*t. To achieve this we value creativity, practicality, service, and community. We aren’t your typical engineering firm. We want and strive to be different. Check out our website to see the range of projects we have worked on.
CVL Engineers Inc. is a professional engineering firm headquartered in Edmonton. We offer a wide range of civil, structural, and geotechnical consulting, and design services related to residential, commercial and infrastructure. CVL is looking for a Civil Engineer with a strong background in managing Civil design and who is a motivated team player and leader to join our team. While what you know matters, we care more about fit and culture than experience. The successful person will play a key technical role in a wide variety of residential, commercial, and industrial projects in Canada for a broad diversity of clients from proposal to delivery stages.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Tegus we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles
Responsibilities (the technical bit)
- Perform civil design and analysis including stormwater management plans, servicing designs, and site grading design.
- Experience in erosion and sediment control design and monitoring
- Complete Civil 3D design and drawings
- Prepare construction specifications.
- Prepare technical reports and calculation packages.
- Provide quality control of all design and drafting work associated with assigned projects.
- Review and interpret client’s geotechnical report, borehole logs, etc.
- Conduct inspections of project sites and prepare detailed reports.
- Liaise with customers during design and construction.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil from an accredited institution is required.
- Possess EGBC or APEGA registration (P.Eng. license) or eligible to apply within 6 month
- Minimum 4 years’ relevant experience in engineering and design.
- Valid driver’s license and own vehicle
- Software experience includes: AutoCAD, Civil 3D, MS Office
- Competitive pay and subsistence for any out of town work.
- Diverse work. Try your hand at new projects, or excel where you’re more experienced.
- Opportunities for advancement. If you want to be your own manager, then we’ll set you up for success.
- Salary Range $70,000-90,000
Please ONLY apply through Indeed and do not contact our office directly to inquire or apply for this position. Applications will only be considered if they are submitted following the application procedure above.
We appreciate all candidates taking the time to apply, however only successful candidates will be contacted.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00-$90,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- Tuition reimbursement
- Work from home
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
- Would you prefer to fight a 10 Canada Goose sized horses or 1 horse sized Canada Goose?
- Civil Engineering: 4 years (required)
Work Location: In person