The Operations Support & Systems Manager is responsible for organizing and leading the implementation of operational processes and key performance indicators as well as managing the various digital systems and platforms utilized within the company while supporting the Production & Manufacturing Operations Manager and Production Managers in the supervision and coordination of activities of workers engaged in all phases of a plant operations. Working with all departments, the successful candidate will seek tangible actions to increase production rates, batch accuracy and overall efficiency through the introduction, fine tuning and training of digital strategies and systems. Seen as a premier technical resource and digital systems expert within the organization, the role will work to tailor, advance and calibrate Innocon systems to maximize productivity and efficiency at all plants. In addition, this role will lead necessary auditing at Plant locations to assure all documentation is kept in satisfactory order and up-to-date and provide the necessary training needed to ensure employees of the company understand their roles and how to maximize the systems utilized.
Health & Safety:
- Assist the Production Operations team in the implementation and compliance of Innocon Safety Program to ensure personnel are working in a safe manner in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Ensures that employees, equipment and processes meet or exceed the, OSHA and Innocon guidelines, standards and advisories.
- Responsible for coaching and developing Production teams to ensure their plant knowledge and safety engagement continues to improve.
- Regular meetings to review KPI’s will be done with the Production Manager and employees.
Environment / Plant Image / Community Relations:
- Ensures regulations are met or exceeded by following Innocon best practices.
- Lead projects to ensure that the plants are in accordance with stated guidelines for plant image.
- Plant image includes housekeeping, parts storage, vehicles and equipment condition (cleanliness and appearance), entrance & property, and buildings.
- Works proactively with the local community to ensure that Innocon is a valued member of the community.
Reporting, Budgeting. Forecasting & Delivery of Results:
- Provide leadership in the development and implementation of annual financial budgets, and capital expenditures relevant to plant systems and operations.
- Also responsible for the forecasting of production-related costs as required.
- Provide leadership in the development of SOPs to ensure property and equipment are properly inspected, maintained and implement preventative maintenance plan(s).
- Assist in the preparation of capital spending plans budgets and forecasts.
- Drive plant production performance to ensure peak production rates, and minimum downtime are balanced with quality requirements.
- Assist the Production Operations team in the processing, storage, and shipping of concrete at the plant where necessary.
- Works with the Production & Manufacturing Operations Manager to identify areas of concern or opportunity at the plant level from a production or efficiency perspective.
Labour Relations & Performance Management:
- Fosters effective employee relations.
- Establishes a safe and productive work environment employees are proud to represent Innocon.
- Assists in promoting a culture of performance.
- Works with the Production Operations team to implement effective action plans and continuously improve the Production Operations.
- Interacts with customers in order to strengthen the business relationship and to insure that expectations for quality and quantity of material are met.
- Leadership in plant performance KPI’s – Scorecards
- Leadership on plant metrics and develop improvement initiatives
- Key stakeholder and ownership of all digital platforms
- Be involved in corrective actions surrounding quality and production incidents
- Liaise with Sales and QC teams to develop solutions and corrective actions
Relationships with Others Jobs:
- Reports to Production & Manufacturing Operations Manager
- Works closely with:
- Production Managers
- Batchers & Plant Operators
- Loader Operators
- Maintenance team members
- Production Inventory Analyst
- Fleet and Delivery Managers
- Customer Service and Logistics Team
- Quality Control Supervisors and Technicians
- Director of Manufacturing
- Local Environmental Manager and
- Safety Manager
- Command Concrete and Command Batch Skills
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Managing and Measuring Work
- Problem Solving
- Process Management
- Performance & Leadership following Innocon guidelines
- Development & Implementation of Health & Safety Improvement Plan
- Support and Participate when required in negotiation of all spending requirements
- Environmental & Land Regulatory Compliance
- Achieve Annual Production Operational Budgets for all territory plants
- Detailed monthly Production Operations Forecasting
- Ensure proper use of National Accounts
- Identify and lead the development of Capex Projects for territory plants
- Achieve Targeted KPI’s (i.e. safety, service, volumes, Value Added Products, etc.)
- Staff Performance Management and Development
- Customer Satisfaction
- 15M in Production Expenses
- Capital spending management
- Systems management for 20 Concrete plants
- Work closely with ~70 employees
Education & Work Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in engineering, engineering technology, business, or other relevant field is required
- 3 or more years of progressive related experience
- +2 year supervisory or management experience
Knowledge & Skills:
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with all levels of internal organizations
- Strong knowledge of how tackle tasks through formal and informal channels
- Excellent leadership skills - must be able to motivate others and provide complete, direct and actionable feedback
- Intimate demonstrated knowledge of our products, and the seasonality of the construction materials business
- Must be flexible and balance shifting priorities to meet deadlines
- Results oriented and goal driven to reach objectives
- Excellent customer service skills – dedicated to meeting the expectations of internal customers
- Must have strong people skills and relate well to all kinds of people inside and outside organization
- Proficient with Microsoft/Google applications, specifically Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Extensive experience with back end support for batch systems
- Business Acumen
- Driving for Results
- Innovation Management
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Organizational Agility
- Functional / Technical Skills
- Problem Solving
- Strategic Agility
- Timely Decision Making
As we are reinventing the way the world builds, we need world-class talent to join our Lafarge Canada team: people who are passionate, driven by curiosity and keen to grow, learn, develop and thrive in our high-performance culture.
Whatever you do, you will make a difference here. Because we know that your passion and curiosity are the natural resources the world needs.
We thank you for your interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Lafarge is committed to the principles of employment equity and encourages the applications from women, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Lafarge Canada Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. In Ontario, our organization/business is committed to fulfilling our requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00-$100,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Markham, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
Work Location: In person