Are you looking to apply your skills with a company that has a long track record of growth and success? Stackpole International designs and delivers solutions for customers around the globe. We combine world-leading expertise in fluid power systems and powder metal technology with world-class product and process engineering to solve our customers’ must difficult challenges. We have earned their trust by honoring our commitments.
Stackpole International designs and delivers innovative, highly engineered fluid power systems and powder metal technology solutions for customers across the globe. As a proud part of the Johnson Electric Group, a corporate citizen, and an employer with a global reach, we strive for integrity in all we do. Our strength stems from a culture designed to ensure that our most important asset—our people— flourish. We are a team united in our drive to make customers successful, attract and empower others, reach higher, be sustainable, lead by example, and excel in the execution of practical solutions. We offer the opportunity to grow professionally and personally, competitive pay and benefits, and continuous improvement of our processes and products.
As a member of the Operations team, the Production Supervisor reports to the Focus Factory Leader. The Production Supervisor is responsible for the supervising the activities of the department’s Production Associates, as well as working as part of the Department to produce quality parts at a low cost and on time
to the customer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise hourly employees to ensure Safety, Quality and Delivery expectations are met without compromising Morale and Environmental standards.
- Support Team Leaders to ensure that Productivity is maximized and resources are utilized to themaximum benefit of the organization.
- Utilize Maintenance system to communicate repair requirements and improvement actions required by the Maintenance support department.
- Follow-up as necessary to resolve issues identified through audits, escalation sheets, production meetings and interaction with employees and support staff.
- Enforce Stackpole Policy and Procedures through Performance Management tools such as Annual Review, and Progressive Discipline Process.
Implement production schedule.
- Resolve problems and implement improvements in productivity, quality and safety.
- Properly document temporary process changes through the Request for Internal Deviation (RID) process.
- Identify improvements to existing Standardized Work that increase efficiency, reduce expenses and improve material utilization.
- Provide technical, counseling, guidance, and expertise to the team.
- Ensure adequate orientation & training of team members. Identify training needs and revisions to Standardized Work, Policies and Procedures.
- Ensure Process controls are utilized, follow up on TPM and Shift Start Checklists to ensure compliance daily and identify issues requiring resolution. Execute Nonconforming Product Report (NCR) procedure when nonconformance is identified in production.
- Accurately complete Production, Human Resource, Payroll & Administrative reports.
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives
- Adheres to Stackpole’s policies and procedures
- Adheres and supports Stackpole’s Safety and Environmental policies and practices
- Ensure the requirements of the Quality Management System, IATF 16949 and ISO 9001 are conformed to
- Other duties as assigned
- Supervise salary technicians to ensure setups, Preventive Maintenance, and TPM activities are executed to existing best practices.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND / OR EXPERIENCE:Qualifications:
- Postsecondary education (i.e. Manufacturing, mechanical or metallurgical engineering diploma) or equivalent work experience
- Previous supervisory experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in high volume/high speed automotive stamping/machining in a TS registered company
- Previous work experience in an environment utilizing Toyota production principles an asset
- Technical & Skill Requirements:
- Training/experience in industrial process control
- Competent level of organizational, leadership and communication skills
- Knowledge of computer software, i.e. Microsoft Office
- Able to communicate effectively, both written and verbally, at all levels of the organization.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results orientation.
- WORK ENVIRONMENT (including Physical Demands):
- Manufacturing environment with limited climate control
- Standing and walking for long periods of time
- Able to work in straight night shift, overtime, week-ends, off-shifts or rotating shifts
Accommodation is available upon request for all applicants pursuant to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and Stackpole’s Accessibility for Ontarians Policy. If an applicant requests accommodation, Stackpole will consult with the applicant and provide or arrange for the provision of a suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs. We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Work Location: In person