Nurse Practitioner Telemedicine - British Columbia
TELUS Health Virtual Care (THVC), Canada’s leading Virtual Care platform, is reinventing healthcare across the country. At THVC, we believe in providing comprehensive, accessible, and patient-centered primary healthcare, delivered virtually and on-demand. THVC is a virtual care platform that provides an instant connection to healthcare professionals.
Our virtual care practice is much more than a walk-in clinic. We understand that patients benefit from comprehensive, personal touch-based care that includes assessment, diagnosis, treatment, and ongoing support. We also believe that proactive follow-up leads to better therapeutic outcomes through enhanced patient cooperation and deeper therapeutic relationships.
Accessibility: Patients can start a consultation with THVC on-demand, 24/7/365. They are promptly connected to a clinician who can provide triage, symptom assessment and support.
Patients are then referred to a nurse practitioner or physician (Québec only) for further consultation. THVC prioritizes providing real-time access when and where patients need it.
Patient-centered care: Patients have access to their consultation history and clinical notes.
True transparency between providers and patients allows for open communication and better adherence to agreed-upon care plans. THVC clinicians work with patients to establish care plans that are relevant to them, based in their own community and focused on their unique situation and priorities. THVC clinicians may follow up with patients to provide continuity of care.
THVC is currently in the process of expanding its care team in British Columbia. We are looking for passionate and committed clinicians who are interested in joining an exciting organization whose goal is to change the traditional landscape of healthcare in Canada.
Our primary care team includes nurse practitioners who work closely with our multidisciplinary care team to provide comprehensive primary care to THVC patients.
As a Nurse Practitioner with TELUS Health Virtual Care you will:
- Provide exceptional safe, high quality, evidence-informed primary care - through assessment, ordering diagnostic testing, prescribing pharmacological and non-pharmacological therapies, and initiating specialist referrals
- Follow up with patients when clinically appropriate
- Collaborate with other nurse practitioners, registered nurses, and in-house physicians to support patient care
- Practice to full scope in a virtual environment by assessing, diagnosing, and treating episodic and chronic conditions while supporting patients through our platform, which includes secure messaging and video conferencing
- Work closely with doctors and specialists such as psychiatrists, dermatologists and family doctors
- Current registration with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with the medical team and patients
- Licensed as a Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (for all age groups) with advanced class certification
- Active, unrestricted provincial license(s) with required prescribing and/or lab numbers
- 2-3 years of primary care experience is an asset
- Ability to provide technology-supported care
- Commitment to provide comprehensive patient-centered care that focuses on exceptional customer experience and the best possible outcomes
- Independent service provider contract
- Must be in Canada to work. Access to THVC clinical platforms outside of the country is not permitted
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 10 per week
Salary: $75.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- Work from home
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekends as needed
- registered with the BCCNM (required)
Work Location: Remote
Expected start date: 2023-10-01