You need to care deeply about:
- Championing a ‘Quality Within’ culture in manufacturing.
- Getting the details right in the product development cycle from prototype to production.
- Crafting the processes for manufacturing electronic and mechanical components with Six Sigma quality.
- Bringing together marketing, sales, engineering, and manufacturing to act as a single group passionate about working together to craft a product with genuine customer value.
You desire an opportunity to:
- Build something great.
- Help nourish a company’s innovative and enduring culture.
- Do what matters for your co-workers and customers.
- Craft a product with genuine customer value by inspiring commitment and loyalty within a team of people.
Be part of our growing team as an ASSISTANT ENGINEER for our Richmond office.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform basic design calculations and prepare basic sketches/drawings for energy storage products and equipment.
- Design high-performance components for our battery system. We require leading-edge thermal, mechanical and weight performance, all in a cost-effective package.
- Work under direction of engineering staff to apply electrical theory and related knowledge to test and modify developmental or operational electrical / electronic equipment.
- Mock-up, build and modify electrical prototypes, parts, assemblies, and systems to correct functional requirements.
- Set up and operate test equipment to evaluate performance of developmental parts, assemblies, or systems under simulated operating conditions, and record results.
- Collaborate with electrical engineers and other personnel to identify, define, and solve developmental problems.
- Analyze and interpret test information to resolve design-related problems.
- Support existing engineering change processes as necessary.
- Support drawing and document management systems.
- Attend meetings and take minutes.
- Perform research at a supervisor's request.
- Write engineering/laboratory reports.
- May assist with other department projects as assigned.
- Interface with modelling team in the successful development of 3D product models.
- Work with suppliers to arrange for high-volume manufacturing.
- Design and assist in the setup of production facilities for our systems.
- Provide documentation required for regulatory testing and approval.
- Support in the design and assembly of different test jigs.
- Performs other duties and tasks as required.
- Maintains a clean and tidy work environment.
- Develops and implements plans to efficiently use materials, labour and equipment to evolve production quality targets.
- Builds relationships with suppliers that create synergies that advance our product quality and brand loyalty.
- Participates in using inspection to collect data for auditing process controls.
- Inspires co-workers to develop product procedures that improve quality and reduce waste.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering form an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience designing, installing, maintaining energy storage systems.
- Experience with use of Standard Electrical Engineering tools such as Digital Storage Oscilloscopes, Function Generators, Spectrum Analyzers, Logic Analyzers, and high-speed digital test equipment.
- Experience with SOLIDWORKS Electrical, MS Visio, and AutoCAD.
- Experience with schematic design using Altium or equivalent.
- Experience writing low-level firmware or bring-up firmware in C for embedded systems.
- Good work-ethic, able to meet deadlines.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Strong verbal and written communication skill, able to communicate engineering requirements.
Be part of our ambitious growing team and hardworking people. We are looking forward to meeting you!
Please submit your updated resume through this link https://foreseeson.com/careers/
We will not engage a third party or no walk-ins for now.
Foreseeson Technology Inc. is a British Columbia, Canada-based Manufacturing and Distribution Services (MDS) organization. The innovation and team efforts for over twenty (20) years were brought us recognition as one of the “Top 100 Tech Companies in BC by Business Vancouver Magazine in 2022,” has been named by the Richmond Chamber of Commerce as one of the “2018 Finalists & Recipient on Business Excellence Awards – 2020 Large Business of the Year”, and our manufacturing craft give us the honour to be acknowledged as one of the “2020 & 2021 - Top 100 biggest Manufacturers in Metro Vancouver, BC.” We continue to improve our process, innovate, offer various products and services that will impact a sustainable green environment, and support our local community.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for your interest in this position. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
All new hires must present a proof of vaccination against COVID-19.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Richmond, BC V6V 2C5: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
Work Location: In person