Ocean View Continuing Care Centre in Eastern Passage, NS, Canada
Facility: Ocean View Continuing Care Centre
Location: Eastern Passage, Nova Scotia
Job Category: Nursing, Healthcare
Positions Available: Full-Time, Part-Time, Temporary and Casual
Ocean View is a Charitable organization that has been operating since the early 1960’s. We provide a variety of services for seniors and the frail elderly that need a little extra help in day to day living. Between in care living and community supports, we proudly serve over 500 individuals each year through our 320+ staff and 100+ volunteers. Our vision is to be the “community of choice” for Nova Scotians needing support in a place they call home. We are committed to the highest standards of support and services and we promote a healthy workplace for staff. We foster a healthy work-life balance and use the latest best practice information at all levels. Fully accredited by Accreditation Canada since 1974, our commitment to excellence and safety is unsurpassed.
Responsible for the organization and management of the nursing unit ensuring Ocean View’s standards for quality care are maintained, under the direction of the Neighbourhood Manager.
- Current registration with the Nova Scotia College of Nursing
- Bachelor or Nursing Degree or Nursing Administration Course (preferred)
- Three (3) years geriatric nursing experience
- Demonstrated administrative experience and leadership skills
- Ability to work effectively as a contributing team member
- Demonstrated knowledge of the nursing process, nursing diagnosis, excellent clinical assessment skills and problem solving
- Demonstrated supervisory and interpersonal communication skills (written and oral)
- Ability to work 24-hour shift rotation on any nursing unit
- Knowledge and experience in Venipuncture (preferred)
- Ability to attend work on a regular and consistent basis
Ocean View Continuing Care Centre Offers:
- Comprehensive OrientationBenefits package including Pension, Health, Dental, Group Life, LTD
A supportive work environment focused on diversity, equity and inclusion
Continuing education and development for all staff (Gentle Persuasive Approach – U-First – PIECES)
Free Parking & on Bus Route
Casual Employees receive 10% of earnings on each pay, in-lieu of vacation.
Salary Range: In accordance with the Collective Agreement between Ocean View and the Nova Scotia Nurses Union
Rotation: Days/Evenings/Nights: All Shift Hours – We will work with you to accommodate exam preparation and classes. (for students)
Relocation Assistance: eligible candidates may qualify for some relocation assistance. Some conditions apply.
Please be aware that OVCCC is a pet friendly environment that is home to several animals including cats, birds, and rabbits.
If you need to re-activate your license: In recognized emergencies, qualified nurses not currently licensed in Nova Scotia can be quickly processed for a one-time 4-month conditional licensure. There is no fee for this license. Individuals must have sufficient practice hours in Nova Scotia within the last 5 years and not have a condition or restriction on their license to qualify. When you have been offered a COVID-19 position and need to reactivate your nursing license, click here https://www.nscn.ca/application-conditional-licence-emergency. You will be notified by email when reactivation is completed. Check out https://www.nscn.ca/professional-practice/trending-topics/covid-19 for more details.
Job Types: Casual, Part-time, Full-time
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Night shift
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
All employees require both doses of COVID19 vaccine
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Eastern Passage, NS: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (required)
- Registered to practice nursing in Nova Scotia (preferred)
Work Location: In person