Electrical Engineer in Training, P&C - ( 230002SA )
You will work on smaller projects, and as a team member of a larger project under the guidance of a Senior Engineer/ Designer. The Electrical Engineer - EIT should be able to evaluate, select specify, and engineer certain electrical power and lighting systems or products for a project. An Engineer in Training will perform a variety of tasks which may include calculations, and field work. The smaller projects that an Electrical Engineer- EIT may be assigned to will have relatively few complex features.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Performs design/drafting following industry codes and client standards for the substation protection and control or Telecom systems
- Supports project team in development of design documentation, plans and reports for relevant project design elements.
- Assists in the development of a design through sketches, electronic models, diagrams, and other visual formats.
- Perform site visit before performing detail design.
- Communicate with stakeholder and coordinate with client for the outcome of site visit.
- Attends project coordination meetings with internal team members and/or external consultants.
- Participates in value engineering and basic cost estimating.
- Implements sustainable design principles.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Basic knowledge of electrical systems, means and methods, materials, and industry standards.
- Basic knowledge and application of the National Electrical Code, energy codes, and other pertinent codes.
- Working knowledge of MS Office, AutoCAD and MicroStation.
- Being detail focused and patient
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Power Engineering
- Co-ops experience at power consulting firms will be an asset.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.The experience will forever shape your future. #FeelingEnergized
Pay transparency laws require employers to provide the following information for positions that may be in the following jurisdiction(s):
- $73,600 - $106,600 Min/Max Pay Range for postings located in BC
The final agreed upon compensation is based on individual education, qualifications, experience, and work location. At Stantec certain roles are bonus eligible.
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-British Columbia-Burnaby
Organization : BC-1182 Energy-CA West
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Entry Level
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Jul 10, 2023, 6:21:09 AM
Req ID: 230002SA
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans