Role: PM EV Services Infrastructure
Location of Services: Dunsmuir or Flexible (remote)
Estimated Work Start Date: 16-Oct-2023
Estimated Work End Date: 14-Oct-2024
The Project Manager for EV Charging Infrastructure will work as part of the team responsible for the design, construction, and commissioning of the BC Hydro EV Charging network across BC. The successful candidate(s) will have experience managing engineering service providers, civil and electrical construction contractors, working with municipalities, First Nations, and permitting authorities. work with stakeholders A person interested in the EV/renewable energy market
- The Project Manager - Infrastructure Level 2 is responsible for the successful completion of medium to high risk and highly complex infrastructure or other construction projects by leading cross-functional, multi-disciplinary teams through project activities so that projects are successfully completed safely, with quality, within budget, and on time.
Experience and Role Accountabilities
- A minimum nine (9) years of project management experience or equivalent.
- Plan, direct, and report on infrastructure and other construction project activities by consistently monitoring project benefits, resources and status and creating documents such as project plans, action logs, communication plans, status reports and post implementation reviews so that the project is implemented as planned.
- Develop project plans and risk management plans for medium to high risk and highly complex infrastructure or other construction projects with a capital cost that is generally up to $50 million for effective management throughout the project lifecycle.
- Manage multiple activities effectively such as quality assurance, engineering, First Nations and stakeholder engagement, communication, regulatory approvals, procurement, planning and controls, construction management, pre-commissioning, employee relations, and safety by using project management principles in monitoring progress and establishing standards for implementation to keep the project within allotted time and budget.
- Complete project management activities including scoping, planning, managing, monitoring, and reporting on project tasks by using advanced skills in Microsoft Office as well as project management programs to fulfill BC Hydro’s business needs.
- Maintain meaningful relationships with stakeholders including customers, engineers and field crews through regular communication using excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills enabling timely progression of projects.
- Establish standards for implementation and monitoring using excellent analytical skills and a comprehensive knowledge of project management practices and procedures to optimize project resources.
Education and Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business, Economics or related discipline
- Bachelor’s degree Engineering, an asset
- Project Management Professional (PMP®) designation, preferred
- Advanced MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project)
- Advanced English skills for professional environment, written and spoken
Job Type: Fixed term contract
Contract length: 12 months
Salary: $75.00-$83.00 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vancouver, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
Work Location: In person