Requisition ID: 336718
Position Number: 20058621
Posting End Date: Open until filled
Site: Health Sciences Centre
Work Location: Health Sciences Centre
Department / Unit: Emergency - Minor Treatment Clinic
Job Stream: Clinical
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
Anticipated Shift: Days;Evenings;Weekends
Daily Hours Worked: 11.63
Annual Base Hours: 2015
Shared Health leads the planning and coordinates the integration of patient-centred clinical and preventive health services across Manitoba. The organization also delivers some province-wide health services and supports centralized administrative and business functions for Manitoba health organizations.
Under the general direction of Health Services Director, Adult Emergency, as part of the multidisciplinary team, the Nurse Practitioner (NP):
- Applies advanced nursing and medical theory to the provision of clinical care, autonomously ordering and interpreting diagnostic tests, prescribing pharmacologic agents and performing minor invasive procedures.
- Applies current/relevant nursing and medical theory, which allows for contribution to knowledge, development and involvement in advancing the nursing profession.
- Incorporates medical knowledge and advanced nursing knowledge; integrates this knowledge and experiential base into clinical practice.
- Demonstrates competence to practice autonomously in the implementation of strategies to promote health and prevent illness, is proficient in planning, implementing and evaluating complex care, and demonstrates competence to teach others.
- Provides for problem solving among staff or between staff and patients/residents/clients and with physicians and multidisciplinary team.
- Applies skills in consultation, collaboration and systems management in providing effective care.
- To be determined. State any clinical experience that is required/considered to be an asset for the position.
- Masters of Nursing, Nurse Practitioner Stream or equivalent educational preparation as approved by College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba (CRNM) required.
- Nurse practitioners have the authority to provide extended practice nursing care if they are competent to provide that care, the care is endorsed in the practice setting and is within the scope of nursing practice as defined by the CRNM.
- Active participation in professional associations e.g. Association of Regulated Nurses of Manitoba (ARNM) preferred.
- Responsible for maintaining and providing proof of active registration on the RN Extended Practice (EP) Register of the CRNM.
- College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba Standards of Practice for Registered Nurses on the Extended Practice Register.
- Canadian Nurses Association Code of Ethics for Registered Nurses.
- Scope of practice as documented in the Regulated Health Professions Act (RHPA).
- Advanced nursing care knowledge related to health assessment, diagnostics, pharmacotherapuetics and invasive and minor surgical procedures.
- Regional/Facility/Unit policies, procedures, protocols, and guidelines.
- Personal Health Information Act (PHIA), Protection of Persons in Care Act, Mental Health Act, Workplace Hazardous Material Information System (WHMIS), Principles of Routine Practices (Universal Precautions) and other legislated acts.
- Principles of collaborative practice.
- Roles and responsibilities of members of the healthcare team.
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills.
- Preference will be given to those applicants competent in an Indigenous language and/or knowledge in Indigenous customs, traditions and values.
- Proficient with computers, software programs, and applications such as Windows and Word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Competency in managing technology in healthcare systems.
- Ability to perform independently, take initiative, and as a member of the healthcare team.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing situations.
- Ability to function in a demanding and stressful environment.
- Demonstrated effective conceptual, organizational, interpersonal, critical thinking/problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to plan, manage and implement change effectively.
- Ability to foster inter-personal relationships including effective negotiation and conflict resolution.
- Demonstrated effective group facilitation skills.
We have a unique ability to work together to make health care better. If you want to make a difference and contribute to supporting the health of your family, friends and neighbours, please apply today.
Interested candidates should select the "Apply" icon below to upload their cover letter, resume and copy of licenses/certification.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions in Shared Health that combine to equal more than 1.0 FTE.
Shared Health values and supports employment equity and workplace diversity and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.