OPTIK K&R is a well establish privately held, Canadian company that manufactures eye care products. We custom manufacture freeform optics for eyeglass lenses and contact lenses. In addition, we coat the lenses in a variety of ways including using thin film vacuum techniques. With a focus on continual improvement and state-of-the-art optical lens equipment, Optik K&R has gained a reputation as a premier ophthalmic freeform lens manufacturer. Production is maintained 24/7. If you are independent, enthusiastic and a skilled craftsman who wants to be a part of a growing company, contact us immediately.
Job Summary (OVERNIGHT POSITION)
This role would involve repair and maintenance of many unique ophthalmic finishing machines and systems including specialized lens finishing equipment from MEI. Successful candidates will develop a detailed understanding of the products, processes, and equipment in our facility. Your duties would include:
- Optimizing production output per process.
- Preventative maintenance of machinery.
- repair of MEI and other ophthalmic finishing equipment
- Continually improving quality and resolving defects of finished product per process of production.
- Record complaints from user & take corrective actions for them.
- Handling and Maintaining the ISO documents.
- Specialist for critical special sports jobs.
- Loss jobs analysis
- Required Parts are managed, organized and in stock, spare planning & procurement.
- Manpower handling.
- Create brand Logo engraving
Key Competencies and Traits:
- Maintain clean and tidy work space
- Expertise in creating all types of lens edge bevels including: Shell, Metal, Supra/Nylor, Rimless, Stepback, V+Stepback, V-Bevel, T- Bevel, Half-Rim, & Double Groove.
- Ensure tools are organized and put away.
- Parts storage is maintained
- Self-motivating. Ability to initiate a problem resolution without instruction.
- Proven problem-solving skills relating to troubleshooting equipment issues in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and work conditions. Ability to work under pressure.
- Computer skills (Excel, Word and other software)
- Remain on-call for emergency repairs including some weekends
- Knowledge of optical theory and lens production is an asset. Ability to learn optical theory.
Technical Requirements we are looking for:
- Understanding of preventive maintenance of ophthalmic lens equipment.
- Create all types of special frames shapes: Oakley, Ray-Ban, Bolle, Serengeti, Cebe, Safety Glasses, Swimming Goggles, RX Sports Sunglasses, Sports Frame in MEI Machine Software on CAD.
- Experience with troubleshooting breakdowns
- Strong understanding of automation technology
- Analysis on loss jobs and creative methods to reduce.
- Quality Control/Assurance and problem-solving methodologies such as CAPA, 5S, OKRs, etc.
Technical Diploma in related field (engineering, electromechanical, etc.)
Manufacturing Repair/Maintenance: 5 years (Required)
Optical / Ophthalmic lens or related manufacturing equipment: 5 years (Required)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00-$23.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Scarborough, ON M1P 3A6: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- MEI lens finishing: 5 years (required)
Work Location: In person