In office presence is required Monday-Friday in Scarborough.
NUCAP Industries Inc. is one of the largest global producer of braking system components. The company’s products, such as its patented NRS Safe mechanical lock retention system, are used in cars, buses, trucks and motorcycles. The company has operations in Canada and USA serving customers in over 50 countries.
Why join Nucap?
Work with a company who values and recognizes their employees for their contribution to our business performance, their individual achievements, teamwork and commitment to high performance at all levels.
- Health and Dental benefits - 100% paid by the company
- Pension Plan with matching contributions from the company
- Employee Engagement events and training sessions-100% paid by the company
- Employee discount on the purchase of NRS Brakes
- Disability benefits
The Process Improvement Manager will take responsibility for the design and improvement of all manufacturing processes as well as supporting the quality function in the facility. It includes the development and maintenance of accurate BOMs, Routings, and Work Center Costing. The ideal candidate is expected to pro-actively identify where processes can be improved and optimized for manufacture/assembly to ensure cost effectiveness. Throughout the design process, the Manager will verify practices for efficiency and accuracy in order to implement processes that are safe and improve quality. The duties will include developing an in-depth knowledge of our supply base, strengths and weaknesses of internal manufacturing and business processes, strengths and weaknesses of equipment, and the strengths and weaknesses of key personnel that contribute to the quality of the manufactured product.
- Develop and maintain accurate cost standards as related to BOMs, Routings, and Work Center Costing.
- Conduct workflow analysis and make recommendations for improvement in material handling and shop layout. This may include the creation of assembly/process flow charts, supplier assembly flow charts, and/or control plans, as needed.
- Project management of process improvements and special projects.
- Identifying improvements to existing process at CM and tiered supplier base to include a cost benefit analysis and present to senior executives for approval.
- Leading Process Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (PFMEA / Control Plan) creation and updates (with supplier participation).
- Ensuring that all assembly processes operate within lean manufacturing principles (Value Stream Mapping, Five S, Kanban, and poka-yoke).
- Improve and manage preventative management processes in order to maintain work standards for product costing and productivity measurement.
- Create Engineering Change Notices when modifying manufacturing process improvements.
- Organize and promote quality improvement efforts through quality tools.
- Support new product development and launches by providing hands on support and resources for testing requirements.
- Evaluate and develop improved techniques for the control of quality, reliability and safety.
- Assists internal and external contacts to resolve product and process problems. Investigates and solves manufacturing-related problems in assigned area using formal problem-solving tools.
- Create work instructions or supervision of supplier Work Instruction creation for manufacturing or rework activities.
- Representing manufacturing in DFMEA's.
- Supporting our Quality department in the qualification and selection of new suppliers by inputting a thorough evaluation of the suppliers manufacturing capabilities.
- Other duties as required by the business.
- Engineering degree in appropriate field, e.g., B. Eng (Mechanical or equivalent).
- Minimum 5 years' experience as a process engineer in a high-volume manufacturing environment.
- Experience in developing BOMs and Routings and loading them into a standard cost system.
- Experience of taking at least one project through launch plus at least one year of subsequent production.
- Expertise in PFMEA techniques.
- Expertise in Lean Manufacturing Techniques.
- Experience of participation in a product development team from inception to manufacturing launch including evidence of the imposition of DFM/A into the design.
- Demonstrated organizational skills with strong verbal and written communication abilities.
- Sound technical background (hands-on) with logical deductive reasoning approach.
- Exceptional planning abilities with task prioritization, multi-tasking, use of timelines and time management techniques
- Professional/mature demeanor under stressful situations.
- Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, and SolidWorks experience is an asset.
- Office and Manufacturing Environment.
Nucap Industries is an equal opportunity employer
Job Type: Full-time
- Company events
- On-site parking
- Store discount
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Process Improvement in a Manufacturing Environment: 5 years (required)
Work Location: In person