Family Preservation Counsellor # 2023-033
Location: Based in Vanderhoof, BC and serving Vanderhoof, Fort St. James and Fraser Lake, BC
Hours of Work: 37.5 hr/week; Monday to Friday; Flexible hours available, some evening & weekend work as required
Vacancies: 1 Position
Start Date: As Soon as Possible
Salary: $37.55 - $47.46/hr as per CSSEA & CSSBA Collective Agreement (Grid Level 14P)
This program provides services for Ministry of Children and Family Development (MCFD) referred families who have been identified as medium to high risk of out of home placement for their child/children. Typically, referred families have come to the attention of MCFD as a result of child protection issues.
The Family Preservation Counsellor provides short term, intensive, in-home counselling and skill-based work to assist families in reducing risk factors and threats to family and individual well-being. When appropriate, service will also be delivered as group work.
Qualifications & Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Counselling or Human Services related field
- At least 1-year recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, & experience.
- Must demonstrate an understanding of theory, principles and practices in the field including a knowledge of family systems and evidence based therapeutic interventions
- Must have knowledge of child development and age-appropriate behaviors
- Must be sensitive to & respectful of cultural differences, differences in socio-economic status & lifestyle diversity.
- Must have knowledge of group process and facilitation techniques
- Knowledge of relevant socio-historical events relevant to Indigenous culture
- Intermediate Computer Skills (moderate understanding of operating systems, word processing, graphics, spreadsheets, databases)
- Valid class 5 driver’s license & satisfactory drivers abstract
- Criminal Record Check clearance
- This position requires union membership
Our Commitment to You:
We make significant investments in our people, which is why we take great care to hire those who we believe will thrive at Connexus. As a Connexus Team member, you can expect to be treated with dignity and respect, to be challenged with your work, and to have the autonomy necessary to excel.
- Benefits: Extended Health, Dental, Pension Plan, Paid Sick Days, LTD, Vacation 3 weeks + more
- Interesting and relevant training and development opportunities
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $37.55-$47.46 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Are you a Canadian citizen or legally entitled to work in Canada?
- Will you be able to reliably commute or relocate to Vanderhoof, BC for this job?
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- Social Work/Counselling: 1 year (preferred)
- Class 5 Licence (required)
Work Location: In person