Brock Solutions is an innovative engineering solutions and professional services company specializing in the design, build and implementation of real-time operational solutions for broad based industrial/manufacturing and transportation/logistics organizations worldwide. Some interesting areas we are exploring include industrial automation, machine learning, IIOT, cyber security, AI, robotics, and other technologies. With approximately 800 employees globally, Brock Solutions is a privately held, employee owned organization with over 30 years in the real-time operational solutions space.
As Brock Solutions continues to grow and respond to the on-going requirements of major clients, we need to add talent to our base of outstanding professionals. We are currently seeking an Electrical Engineer to join our team of experienced professionals located at our office in Vancouver, BC.
Working with other highly motivated Engineers, you will be involved with designing, programming, integrating, troubleshooting, and supporting new and existing automated controls systems.
Employee-owned company with profit sharing, comprehensive benefits, company events and charitable initiatives, a diverse workplace, BBQs and Lunch and Learns, Sports teams, Group fitness initiatives, and a "We win as a Team" culture are just some of the reasons our employees love working at Brock!
Brock Solutions offers a flexible work environment that includes a combination of at home, in the office, and on-site options such that individuals can balance work and life. In the end, the intent is to enable you and your team to work effectively and collaboratively to produce results that matter.
Why Work at Brock?
- Competitive compensation package
- Profit sharing
- Extended Health benefits
- Continuous career growth
- Flexible working hours
- Company events and celebrations
- Travel Opportunities
Responsibilities may include:
Overall/General System Design
- Functional Specification review an development
- Catalog cut development
- Phasing plan review and development
- Network architecture design (e.g DeviceNet, ControlNet, EtherNet, etc)
- Motor manifest review and development
- Bill of materials development
Power Systems Design
- Power distribution design (24 VDC, 120 VAC, 480 VAC, 575 VAC)
- Single line drawing development
Control System Design
- Field Installation drawing development
- Emergency stop drawing development
- Motor Control Panel (MCP) design
- Interface drawing design (various third party devices)
- Request for Information (RFI) review and development
- Transmittal preparation
- As-built documentation development
- Procurement department support
- Shipping department support
- College Technology Diploma or University Degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline is required
- Electrical control systems design experience
- Understanding of electrical drawings, drafting principles, and best practices
- Knowledge of low voltage (600 VAC) power systems and PLC machine control systems and devices
- Able to work with NEC and CEC electrical codes
- Familiarity with AutoCAD is an asset
- Comfortable with installation contractors and end customers
- Ability to travel as required
Other Job Information (if applicable):
New grads are welcome to apply. If you have graduated within the last 3 years, please also submit a soft copy of your transcript (unofficial copy is fine).
Brock Solutions strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, Brock Solutions will endeavour to remove barriers to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities.
Please be advised that, outside of our official applicant tracking system, Brock Solutions will never solicit personal information upfront. We send formal offer documentation in writing first, and wait until your acceptance before asking for any additional personal information.