McMan is looking for a Full Time Awake Overnight Youth Worker for the Inn Between Group Home.
Here is how you will contribute as an Overnight Youth Worker with the Inn Between:
- Provide care, support and supervision for up to six youths ages 12-17 in a 24-hour residential group setting using a trauma-informed, strengths-based, participant-centered approach.
- Create positive interactions to enhance social skills, recreational opportunities and connection to the community for youth.
- Write accurate, descriptive, concise, and understandable reports reflecting agency structure for Service Delivery Reports, Progress Reports and Discharge Reports as per program timelines.
- Establish professional working relationships with agency colleagues, social service workers and other service professionals. Establish helping relationships with youth and support networks.
- Demonstrate knowledge of a wide variety of intervention strategies.
- Awake Overnight shifts are from 11:00 pm to 7:00 am.
Here is what we have to offer:
- Work-life balance.
- Ongoing paid training.
- Rewarding work in a positive workplace helping youth in Medicine Hat and area.
- Competitive wage based on education and experience $21.86 to 25.61 per hour with an additional $3 per hour shift differential for all awake shifts between 11pm and 7am.
- Extensive group benefits package, Pension, Employee and Family Assistance Program, time off allowances.
- Degree/Diploma in Child and Youth Care Counselling, Social Work, or related human services field.
- Minimum six (6) months of experience in family and youth work; two years’ experience is preferred.
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication, leadership, and case management skills.
- Clear Criminal Record Check with vulnerable sector and Child Intervention Check dated within the past six months
- Reliable daily vehicle with minimum $2M third party liability insurance, valid Class 5 Driver’s License, and a 3-year non-commercial Driver’s Abstract (with no more than six demerits)
- Current Standard First Aid CPR Level C or CSA Standard Z1210-17 Intermediate First Aid Certificate
If you're looking to make a difference, make it with McMan!
To apply, please upload your cover letter and resume to Indeed before September 24, 2023.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $21.86-$25.61 per hour
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Please describe your education qualifications.
- Can you confirm that you have had a Class 5 Driver's License for at least 3 years, and that your 3-year Driver's Abstract will have less than six (6) demerits?
- working with youth, group homelessness or addiction: 1 year (preferred)
- Standard First Aid CPR Level C Cerificate (preferred)
- Overnight Shift (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-09-24