We are looking for Relief Workers for various programs at McMan in Medicine Hat. The programs include: Inn Between Group Home (12-17), Roots Youth Shelter (12-17), LYNX Recovery House (18+), and Permanent Supportive Housing (18+). Currently, we have openings for daytime, evening, overnight, and weekends.
Here’s how you will contribute as a Relief Worker:
- Create positive interactions to enhance social skills, connection to the community, recreational opportunities; helping participants by using an approach that is strengths-based, participant-centered, from a trauma informed and harm reduction lens.
Here’s what we have to offer:
- Flexible schedule in various residential settings.
- A rewarding career in a positive workplace that promotes a healthy work/life balance.
- Ongoing paid training.
- Hourly wage: $21.54; $15.00/hr. sleep shifts.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program for counselling, legal, financial and nutritional support.
Here’s what you need to get an interview:
- Completion of minimum one year of post secondary education in a human services related field of study, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working with youth, adults, homelessness and/or addiction.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, coaching and intervention skills.
- Clear Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable sector within the last six months.
- Clear Child Intervention check dated within the last six months.
- Valid Alberta Class 5 Driver’s License, clear Driver’s Abstract, use of reliable vehicle with minimum $2M Third Party Liability Insurance to carry passengers.
- Strong computer skills.
- Standard First Aid CPR Level C Certificate.
If you’re looking to make a difference, make it with McMan!
Job Type: Casual
Salary: $21.54 per hour
- Employee assistance program
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekends as needed
- Do you have a valid Standard First Aid Level C Certificate?
- Can you confirm that you have had a Class 5 Driver's License in Canada for at least 3 years, and that your 3-year non-commercial Driver's Abstract will have less than six (6) demerits?
- youth, adults, homelessness, and/or addictions: 1 year (preferred)
- Day Shift (preferred)
- Night Shift (preferred)
- Overnight Shift (preferred)
Work Location: In person